• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know of any Environmentally friendly print or cad cut vinyls out there?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You won't find "environmentally friendly" vinyl any more than you'll find environmentally friendly gasoline. Petroleum products leave a definite foot print from the moment the crude is sucked from the earth until it exits the tail pipe...or is tossed into the land fill.

About the "greenest" option you'll find is hammer and a chisel and stone.

JB
Even then, That stone was extracted from the earth.... :bookworm

Scotchbrite

No comment
3M Envision 480 is supposed to be a "greener solution". This is from the product bulletin:

•Non-PVC, phthalate-free film
•Contains no added chlorine or halogens
•8548G, 8549L, and 8550M made in part from bio-based materials
•Manufactured using 58% less solvent

WildWestDesigns

I was required to take an anthropology course in college, and it changed my life forever. I believe every kid should be required to take it, and even more so at the high school level.
I wasn't required to take anthropology (I highly doubt that it would be required at the high school level) in college, but my undergrad degrees were in equine nutrition/reproduction and agriculture economics (which I had a lot of other general, but related economics as well) and you would be surprised what really has been lost. The more technological we get, it seems we also move backwards as well, but I digress.

Even then, That stone was extracted from the earth.... :bookworm
To be fair, he was talking relatively speaking, at least that's how I took it, since "greenest" is in quotes.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
At least the stone was carried down the mountain.

I'm seeing a lot of requests for green materials, have various coloured vinyls that aren't PVC, and won't emit chlorine when incinerated. Elliot will be flying in to confirm that they look OK.

I'm on the green mid of the spectrum, want to leave a not f^ck'd up world for my offspring, and do what I can. But you're gonna fly someone in to check that it meets corporate greenwash?