• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone own a Grizzly shear?

signstation

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has a grizzly shear like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G5772-Grizzly-52-Sheet-Metal-Shear-/281808290265?hash=item419d1541d9
We are just getting really sloppy cuts from our supplier and its been addressed a number of times, so we are interested in buying one and taking that problem out of the equation.
Just a little concerned about how it leaves the edges on materials such as C-Bond (signabond) with that thin ally.
Thanks,
Andy.

petepaz

we don't have a grizzly but we do have 6 metal shears we use and they cut aluminum, alum composite, coro and sintra with no problem (actually sometimes the sintra is an issue. apparently it has a grain to it so sometimes it cuts one direction fine but when you cut the other direction it will crack a little on the edges) as long as the blades are sharp and clean should work fine on metal. we cut aluminum up to .080 (have to really stomp on the foot pedal but it works) and the 3mm composite like it was butter.

strypguy

I've had one for a year or so and love it. I use it mostly for polymetal and .040 aluminum. I've also cut some thin plastic sheets for a friend for his vacuum former. John

signstation

Thanks guys, i'm also looking at the possibility of castors on it too. I would like to be able to swing it around if I have to.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yeah, we have one for .080, .040, polymetal. and stainless steel. Works great. Just a little harder for the lighter weight people to use. lol