• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone selling unused logos?

ucmj22

Does anyone here ever find a use for unused logos? Whether you're just messing around and end up with something nice, or it is a rejected comp. Case in point, on a pub thread here, I posted up an idea for someone, then kept messing with it and ended up really liking it. Is it possible to find buyers for this stuff, or should I just make my own homebrew, and use it as a label? It seems it would be harder to shop something around thats already completed.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-05 at 9.31.09 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-04-05 at 9.31.09 AM.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 74

lexsigns

I really like it too :)
There are a couple sites that you can upload and sell unused logos- ( brandshack.com?) seen more too but can't remember them try google...

Never done it would guess it's a place where people could steal them...lol maybe not worth it. I would reccomend to put on myowns.com first if your gonna do it.
I usually save em till something comes up I can use it for.. Maybe Signs 101. should have a logo resell place ?? just a thought ;)

Joe Diaz

I have a few designs in my portfolio that weren't chosen, but I like them better than the one the client did pick. I also have a few that are just concepts, kind of like your pub design. I'd say if you are going to end up using it for something else at one point, I wouldn't put it in your portfolio. I guess it would depend on how the client feels about you using an older design to create their brand.

ucmj22

This. Plus as others have said, save your unused *quality* logos in case you can easily recycle them.

Illustrations or illustrative elements though ... crap, stock art them out.

If I stock art the hops wouldn't it hurt the usability of the design in the future? eh... hops are easy enough, i could just make new ones.

Locals Find!

Next time your out hitting the pubs just look around for someone that would be better served with your design and try to sell em on it.

Sounds like it would be fun just trying to find the right pub regardless of the outcome of the design.