• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone tried Briteline Translucent

I have run the clear Grimco house brand media (Briteline) with success on the HP L2 series printers. It images well, just keep in mind that without a white platform to bounce light off, colors will look more muted than on an opaque white media. This is the case with all ink chemistries.

Andy D

We were using Briteline Transparent/clear is that what you mean?
If so, we stopped using it due to the adhesive turning milky when we had to do a
wet application.

We switched to Orafol 3651 clear about 2 years ago and haven't had a issue with it yet...
and we do a ton of backlit clear.

jman

All the Briteline vinyls as far as I know are re-branded Avery and some General Formulations material. Just a heads up so you can check the specs and save money :rock-n-roll:

no, its a white vinyl

We were using Briteline Transparent/clear is that what you mean?
If so, we stopped using it due to the adhesive turning milky when we had to do a
wet application.

We switched to Orafol 3651 clear about 2 years ago and haven't had a issue with it yet...
and we do a ton of backlit clear.

its white translucent. part number BL-T54150.

on your Clear Orafol 3651, do you apply that on the inside with clear face, or outside with a white face?

I have run the clear Grimco house brand media (Briteline) with success on the HP L2 series printers. It images well, just keep in mind that without a white platform to bounce light off, colors will look more muted than on an opaque white media. This is the case with all ink chemistries.

yeah, that seems to be an issue, thought I have never printed on clear for a backlit sign....... I did a backlit sing where it looked super , UNTIL the sign came on, then we had a enough color wash, 15-20%, where the customer was not thrilled........ we used Polycarbonate white, with a Briteline's translucent white printable media.

Kwiksigns

wookie
We use it. It's been fine for the times we have used it. You need to have more ink density for it to look alright when lit

Kwiksigns

wookie
what printer do you have and what profile do you use?

we had a L260 but have upgraded to a L360. We just use one of the canned profiles. I don't do a ton of backlit so I never found the need to make a new profile or anything. Just generic with something like 200 ink density. they seem to look pretty good.

tattoo.dan

we use it on our l25500. i just use the orafol translucent generic profile. 3850 I believe. Colors print great, of course they do look a little lighter at night, but I have never had an issue or complaint