• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Using Image Perfect IP6901 Textile Vinyl?

stitchup

I purchased 1 roll of IP6901 from Spandex. Prints perfectly on the FX and cuts fine on the GS15Plus plotter except for small letter or objects!

The problem is that the IP6901 has little or hardly any adhesion to its backing.

Just wondering if I have a bad rool and would be interested how others find 6901.

Is there an alternative to IP6901?

Cheers

John

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have not used that exact material before, but if my quick Googling is correct, it is a thermal transfer material that is Edge-friendly. If that is correct, then this is exactly how every other similar type of material I have used in the past has been also; no actual "tack" to the back of the vinyl which makes very small things impossible and you have to be very careful weeding as things wont stay in place if lifted off the backer. I have masked the finished/weeded product and placed the offending elements back onto the mask before just before pressing the shirt.

stitchup

Thanks for the reply :)

We use quite a lot of textile vinyls both CAD-CUT or printed on our Roland and then CUT. The material we have used has a reasonable tac to the backing . IP6901 has no tac and even when just cutting the stuff the blade drags small elements into a mess! There's no chance of reconstructing the design :( I only use it for large designs because metallics are very good.