• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arabic ttf downloads

stonecutter

Hello!
Looking to to download Arabic language font package. Free, pay, whatever. I know there are many variations to this language, but need to start somewhere.
Thank you

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If your using window you probably won't need to download anything. I can't remember how to do it in windows 7, but in windows 8 go to the control panel/clock, language, and region, then add the language you want. It should add a icon in the notification bar allowing you to switch between languages. If you want to type with the keyboard you will have to download the keyboard character layout. We used Corel insert character feature to insert characters one at a time over a jpg.

The main fonts will have all the language sets. Once you add a language they will appear. We use Russian and Chinese like this.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Once you enable the second language, if you turn it on from the notification bar it activates the keyboard. If you don't, you will still have access to all the characters and the keyboard will remain in English.

Language.jpg

stonecutter

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how you look at it. I am still running XP. My graphic program is Gerber Omega 2.1. Yeah I know. But, everything works great, so I don't upgrade. Thank you for your time and suggestions so far though!

Kurt

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Windows is sold and used all over the world. Every version has every language built in, you just have to enable it. Windows also comes with a character map that you can insert characters. If you can't find a keyboard layout you can easily make your own ( draw a picture of your keyboard, type a key and the character displayed corresponds to the key you typed.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I just remembered that we had to upgrade to XP pro to get the language pack and then had to download the software from Microsoft.