• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona OCE 1280xt (Spot1)

Caren Hines

Good morning all,
I have been having issues with the Spot1 white layers and have tried adjusting the opacity which, hasn't done anything.
I am getting (banding) a tech has come in to adjust the heads and of course, I forgot to bring this problem up to him.
Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
When using it in Bi-directional.
When I tried Uni-directional it wasn't as bad. That setting takes way too long for prints though when doing (spot1-spot1-CMYK)
Thanks for any help!
Caren

Attachments

• 20231212_073526.jpg
    20231212_073526.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20240208_082444.jpg
    20240208_082444.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 61

tollerdad

Good morning all,
I have been having issues with the Spot1 white layers and have tried adjusting the opacity which, hasn't done anything.
I am getting (banding) a tech has come in to adjust the heads and of course, I forgot to bring this problem up to him.
Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
When using it in Bi-directional.
When I tried Uni-directional it wasn't as bad. That setting takes way too long for prints though when doing (spot1-spot1-CMYK)
Thanks for any help!
Caren
I'm assuming you are using Onyx? The problem might be your white ink level. You can select 1-6 I think as your levels. When I run my 460GT at level 6 I see banding in white, when run on level 5 it is smooth. I think if you right click on your job, select edit printer setting then select your ink layers there is a custom option and you can select spot 1 and the level it prints.

edcooleyar

What media and print mode? Looks like it is in the color layer. Can you print the ship print in the same mode and get clean prints with no banding?

Caren Hines

What media and print mode? Looks like it is in the color layer. Can you print the ship print in the same mode and get clean prints with no banding?
Quality mode. It can be on any media It comes up on all. I don't print on Vinyl with the flatbed.
I run a print head cleaning before I do any jobs. Plus every morning.
Inks are still (Full) It's not in the colors. You can only see it in certain ones.

Attachments

• 20240209_055743.jpg
    20240209_055743.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 37

Caren Hines

I'm assuming you are using Onyx? The problem might be your white ink level. You can select 1-6 I think as your levels. When I run my 460GT at level 6 I see banding in white, when run on level 5 it is smooth. I think if you right click on your job, select edit printer setting then select your ink layers there is a custom option and you can select spot 1 and the level it prints.
Good morning,
Thank you. I will try another print to see if that works!

Caren Hines

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Thank you!

Just had that done before the holidays
This has been an ongoing issue ever since I started working at this job. Going on 6 years
Thanks though
It's usually because the white is only calibrated to some extent, and not the same as CMYK.

print a circle and a square. 50mm x 50mm or near.
put a white Spot1 to print under it.
either use a vector or do it in illustrator.
See if the white bleeds.

ONYXtechtips

Have you experienced any print carriage collisions or has this been an on going issue? I have seen banding caused by misaligned lamps in the past. You can also try to set the lead lamp higher than the trailing lamp and see if that produces any better results. Also ensure that the lamp lens is clean. Finger prints on the lens can cause banding