• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon dog 4400 for wall wraps

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Try Retac from Drytac. It is stocked in Richmond, too. Retac is a 6mil film with no stretch (semi-rigid). Comes in a smooth, Canvas, Linen, and Sand texture. The textures hide the imperfections in the wall and you wouldn't laminate them.

best of all, if the wall is a well primed and painted wall, even years later you will remove it with minimal or zero damage to the wall saving your customer a ton.

Retac is AWESOME. I can send you pricing and I'm sure you could drive by the warehouse and pick up a stub roll for testing purposes.

CC-CMYK

Try Retac from Drytac. It is stocked in Richmond, too. Retac is a 6mil film with no stretch (semi-rigid). Comes in a smooth, Canvas, Linen, and Sand texture. The textures hide the imperfections in the wall and you wouldn't laminate them.

best of all, if the wall is a well primed and painted wall, even years later you will remove it with minimal or zero damage to the wall saving your customer a ton.

Retac is AWESOME. I can send you pricing and I'm sure you could drive by the warehouse and pick up a stub roll for testing purposes.
I’m not a fan. I only have roll to roll latex machines. Maybe if I had the Canon Colorado. We already do Phototex for short term low traffic walls. I like to laminate for longe term wraps. I’m really trying to find a cheaper equivalent to 3m 40c and 35c.

CanuckSigns

I use arlon 4600lx and the matching matte laminate for wall wraps,but only for permanent ones. As far as price goes, it's a bit cheaper than 40c, but not much. Keep in mind that cheap films will shrink and look like garbage in 6 months.

Precision

In California the walls are painted with low Voc paints. I would love to be able to wrap walls in 35C or 40C costways. Problem is it all falls off. I've redone to many a wall in 35C.

So you are supposed to wall test prior. And we have. Only to find that the 35C sticks on the 3 areas in the required wall test and it still peeled up, bad edges etc. So cost of redoing the job and all the wasted cost of materials and labor hours/dollars + the site survey.

We don't play these days, it's usually always 3M Ij180Cv3/8520. Adding up all the variables it is a better solution overall. Charge accordingly and sleep a little better at night! Lol.

RyanECS

In California the walls are painted with low Voc paints. I would love to be able to wrap walls in 35C or 40C costways. Problem is it all falls off. I've redone to many a wall in 35C.

So you are supposed to wall test prior. And we have. Only to find that the 35C sticks on the 3 areas in the required wall test and it still peeled up, bad edges etc. So cost of redoing the job and all the wasted cost of materials and labor hours/dollars + the site survey.

We don't play these days, it's usually always 3M Ij180Cv3/8520. Adding up all the variables it is a better solution overall. Charge accordingly and sleep a little better at night! Lol.
Look into a wall wash with alcohol prior to installation. Low VOCs are a common issue now that can be helped with some 99% isopropyl. Just don’t spray the wall, spray a clean cloth and wipe down. It’s an extra step but definitely helps…

CC-CMYK

We always spec out the paint ahead of time and do a sight visit. I’ve tested so many lines of paint and have determined what works the best with 40c. Haven’t had anything problems if the wall is prepared right.

guillermo

I will try General Formulations 226 HTR (high tack removable) look it up, that is another option, 6mil thickness and no need for lamination.