• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ARMS sensor not finding marks

CarolinaCabinet

So I have a FC8000 and it has been running beautifully for the entire 7 months that I have had it. However, yesterday afternoon at closing time a long run got kinked up, went off track, so I stopped it really quick and just called it a day. Turned it off and went home. Came back this morning to continue the same job. IT WON'T FIND ANY CROP MARKS!!! AIGH!!!!!!
I know the file is fine because I've cut that exact file a hundred times. I just got off the phone with the Graphtec Tech and they cant figure it out. I have reset it back to default settings and no solution seems to make it find registration marks.

ANY SUGGESTION?!?!?

SignosaurusRex

Are you by chance cutting reflective? This seems to be an issue for us from time to time, job to job. No rhyme or reason it seems. Last week we did a project using reflective and the first run was problem free. The next run of the same file took 8-10 attempts to read registrations before we were successful.

3dsignco

did he have you do the registrar marks with a pen during the reset. I had the same problem and they walked me through some steps with the pen holder and it fixed it.
Sorry I can't be more descriptive, I just really don't remember the steps.

CarolinaCabinet

Are you by chance cutting reflective? This seems to be an issue for us from time to time, job to job. No rhyme or reason it seems. Last week we did a project using reflective and the first run was problem free. The next run of the same file took 8-10 attempts to read registrations before we were successful.

Nope, regular vinyl that has always cut fine.

CarolinaCabinet

did he have you do the registrar marks with a pen during the reset. I had the same problem and they walked me through some steps with the pen holder and it fixed it.
Sorry I can't be more descriptive, I just really don't remember the steps.

No he hasn't. Not sure what to ask as far as that.

CarolinaCabinet

Not a lot of interest in this thread, but for anyone who cares, I fixed it, my sensing level was way down. Never touched it before, but the evil ghost in my computer decided that my sensing level should be turned way down last night. Turned it up, runs like a champ. Thanks for those who attempted to help me.

3dsignco

Thanks for the info.. I never realized the plotter had a sensor level. I will definitely remember that.

Guess I should read the manual more often.

TCC

Premium Subscriber
What did you set your senor level to now? I just started to have problems finding some of the reg marks the last 2 days. I also keep getting a off scale when it is scanning instead of the working that i am used to seeing. any input for another guy having problems? Thanks!!!!:thankyou:

bikecomedy

My turn for this one... Set new sensing levels Nada! and I get off scale too... such fun...anyone have a explanation? I got 6 months not 7 :(

bikecomedy

Since I stopped a job in the middle of a run this happened to me too. The repair/fix was to reset the machine by powering off. Turning on and quickly holding down the up arrow to get the reset to defaults menu. Then resetting to defaults. Once this was done everything returned to normal.

The technition went through the entire menu checking everything first and the machine was properly set up.

Feel Like a FC8000 ninja wanna be now... ;)

Tags: FC8000 ARMS Sensor not finding marks, Off Scale Error