• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artwork not aligned when Printed

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks, Fred

Question:

In my case the purple is the issue it leaves a gap. So, In print/Output Order - the color that will be overlapped should be purple?

Meaning, puprle should be the first color in the Print/Output Order?

Correct me if am wrong, I will test everything you wrote at tonight when I get home and post pics...

You have it backwards. The Light Purple is the underlying color ... therefore it is printed first. The Black is the Overlap/Overprint color and is printed second. If the black is assigned an Overlap/Overprint attribute, the effect is that it will then not knockout the underlying Light Purple and will instead print on top of it. In the Print Order Dialog image I posted, note the O to designate the Overlap/Overprint attribute has been assigned to the Black.

D-Kal

How do I get to the - Print/Output Order ( Screen ) ?

Sorry I found it , How do I make Black The OverPrint?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
How do I get to the - Print/Output Order ( Screen ) ?

Arrange Menu > Print/Output Order

or

Control + D

For best future use, go to View Menu > Toolbars and select toolbars to place in the margins of your workspace. Once in place, hovering over any of them will display a tool tip and make accessing the tool a single click away and will generally make your life easier.

D-Kal

Arrange Menu > Print/Output Order

or

Control + D

For best future use, go to View Menu > Toolbars and select toolbars to place in the margins of your workspace. Once in place, hovering over any of them will display a tool tip and make accessing the tool a single click away and will generally make your life easier.

Thanks Fred, I found it,

But, How Do I make black the Over Print so that it shows the "O" next to the color?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
How do I make Black The OverPrint?

Select the vector, then:

Control + F5 = Overlap On

Control + F6 = Overprint On

Control + F7 = Overlap and Overprint Off

There are also toolbar buttons with a thermometer icon to do the same thing.

You are making your learning curve much harder by not first mastering the basic contents of your software tools including what is even there and instead proceeding into job setups and editing that involve intermediate and advanced knowledge. It also makes helping you much more time consuming than time permits. Sorry to be so blunt but it needs to be said.

D-Kal

Yes, Fred

I thank you for helping me, as stated before an lost like Nemo

This is all New to me, But thank for your time

D-Kal

Ok, I tried another print run, And I got it right on the top part of the lighting bolt.

But Not the rest

Do I have too select multiple designs to get them all to overprint?

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 64