• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Atlantic Computer (fraud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

printwiz79

Just want to see if anyone else out there has had a problem with Ernie at Atlantic Computer. I sent him my main board for my FO Jr to be fixed. I had a head fuse that went out on it. Im not good with and Iron so i sent it to him. He told me it would be $75 to fix it. I was a little sceptical on sending the board to him so I wrote down the serial number on the board just in case. Sent the board overnight ($75). Waited a week and tried to call and email him A LOT. Another three days go by and a board shows up. I look at the serial number and it is not the same. Plugged it into my machine and it fires up for a second. Then POOF everything blank. No more power from power supply board to mainboard. Fried my powersupply board. Had tech come over and make sure i hooked it up right and it was. Call and Email Ernie and no responce for a week. Then he sends me a message that a replacement Main board was $750 and a powersupply was $75. I emailed back that i just wanted my board back and he had not responded back. BUYER BEWARE. Please let me know your feelings on Ernie at Atlantic. Is it worth going to Better Business Burue

signage

I think I would have contacted him on not getting the same board back that I sent in before I would have hooked it up!

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
I am in a similar situation with him, I am preparing to file claims on both of the credit cards I paid with (**cough cough, thanks jeff)

This guy is a true ass, and I'd be inside his shop right now if I was not 1000 miles away.

Mosh

I think I bought a watch from him one night outside a bar....Call the BBB, but it most likely won't do any good. People like this fly under the radar anyway. Mosh would go to his shop and get a "refund" one way or another, no matter if it cash him $5 or $5,00 to to get there, no one messes with the Mosh's motherboards.

The Equipment Guy

I have used the BBB several times with decent success, but usually with larger companies who are more concerned with their reputations.

Craig

onlyjames

Im not worried about the BBB, and I WILL travel if I have to....its always nice in Florida anyway...I could use a trip!

onlyjames

FYI to all, I spoke with Ernie on the phone today and he has promised to send my final products by the end of the week. I'll keep everyone up to date on this for your reference.

dhamlett15

I have been going around with him for months he could not repair my mainboard that had a blown main fuse on the color side so I bought one from him.

I did not receive my old board back and he did not move my parameters from the old board over so I am stuck with a boat anchor and get an answer back from him some times then he wont answer back again for a while.

Service Sign Co

I agree with the Mosh Man too,other than the Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment.It's a good reason to take a road trip.:ROFLMAO:

printwiz79

So we are now two months out. Ernie will not return my calls yet. I have contacted the BBB and they stated that Atlantic Computer Services are under investigation. They have three open cases with that company. To my knowlege he is not a merchant member on this site. I found him online and wanted people to beware. I was taken for a long ride with this one. Im still not out but I am thinking about taking Moshes idea and taking a road trip with my little friend...

TheSnowman

I got screwed from a company that had BBB all over their website. They didn't pay their bill. The BBB called me one day wanting me to join, and I told them why I wouldn't and they couldn't believe that happened. So they told me what to do to file a complaint, I did, and they said that since I didn't buy anything from them, I couldn't do anything about filing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.