• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

autoligatures?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
a few google searches indicate that corel does not support it. But have your tried it using the alt+ access them? Nevermind, I think you want them to come up automatically or turn them on/off, right? AFAIK that is in Adobe products

rcook99

[QUOTEWhile CorelDRAW can use opentype fonts, it still doesn't incorporate all of the great opentype features like true small caps, ligatures, alternates, numeral variations, etc... Many of these features simply aren't available -- even through the "Insert Character" docker.
][/QUOTE]

This is the link where I found the quote above.

http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/2880.aspx

Just found this on a quick search for Ligatures on the Corel Forums. It looks as thought they don't offer it yet. Hope this helps you Steve.

Steve C.

That truly sucks! This feature has been available in otf since version 12 and
they are at 15 now, and still have not added the option? I have been a
corel user since 3, but it looks like I may need Illustrator. I assume it is
available in Illy?

Anyone have fonts with autoligatures, and what program do you use?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
That truly sucks! This feature has been available in otf since version 12 and
they are at 15 now, and still have not added the option? I have been a
corel user since 3, but it looks like I may need Illustrator. I assume it is
available in Illy?

Anyone have fonts with autoligatures, and what program do you use?

Yes it works very well in Illustrator CS. Zapfino for instance has several hundred variations of letters. Minion, Adobe Garamond, Chapparal and dozens of others

SignosaurusRex

S Rex, it didn't appear to be available in X5 , I just read over the new release features.Probably won't upgrade until the old XP's need it. Until then Illy is what I use for Bickham script, Sinzano and such. There is a Ministry Script guide here that shows some things about it.
http://new.myfonts.com/newsletters/rs/201001.html

Thanks Day. You would think that Corel would be stepping up to the plate on this. Their loss!