• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Automatic head cleaning sp-300

Esmae

Hope someone can help me here, I've come across a few posts where people have mentioned their printer (rolands) doing a self clean when it's in standby mode. One guy in particular said this happens every 4 hours. I've had my sp-300 for 6 years and not once have i walked in to catch it licking itself, even at our old residence where we had it in the garage i'd never heard or seen this.
Can somebody please clarify how to set it to do this and can i modify the amount of cleaning sessions it has. I use Techink bulk solvent and can't leave it for 3 days without the capping station lines clogging and drying the heads.
:Australia
cheers

Andy Cricket

Hello,
depending on your firmware revision, the roland printers have a built in timer so when the printer is turned off on the from panel, but on on round the back, the printer will wake up, pluse the pump and then go off again, once only, every 24hours.
Andy

mendoclothing

lever postion

do you know if the paper hold down lever should be left in the up or down position when the printer is left? If this matters for the automatic cleanings?
thanks

DRamm76

Contact your installing dealer and find out what they may have set it to. When we go out to set up a printer, we usually set it so it runs every 18 hours or so it doesn't interfere with anything they are working on