• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question avery mpi 3323 coming off the roll "wavy"

netsol

i had a 54" roll of mpi 3323 vinyl on the roland sc545-ex
had a crazy week with other things so i really didn't print at all, went in yesterday and after changing captops started printing.

head strike, followed by another. released the rollers , smoothed the material out.

then i spooled about 10 feet off the roll and sheet cut and threw it away.

material feels fine ON THE ROLL, but is wavy as hell (at rt angle to travel) going through the machine (i have not turned on the heaters, )

i am assuming this roll was no prize package, right out of the box, and sitting for a week did not help it any

anyone had similar experience with 3323 ("the cheap stuff")?

Saturn

Aging Member
I do nothing but "cheap" calendared stuff and I had to actually UP the preheat to 115-120°F to rid my material of waviness. I can't do bidirectional otherwise. Platen stays around 105°. This is on an S80600.

My tiny old Mutoh had tighter rollers and way better platen suction so it was never an issue. Coming to the Epson, before I upped the pre-heat, I thought I'd made a huge mistake with the new printer. Couldn't believe the Epson wouldn't keep material flat...

netsol

Interesting, i was out of thecshop for a week & imagine the a/c was off.
I pushed the a/c way down on sunday but will be out of office till tomorrow afternoon so will
Not be sure how much this changes things

I will load a new roll first thing tomorrow & see what happens