• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banner against posts

Dave Stacey

Hi
I've got to make & install 3ft x 20ft banners against steel posts surrounding a car dealership. the post are approximately 5 ft apart but not consistent. What the best way to attact these? I'll probably use 18oz banner material for extra strength.

Thanks Dave

Dave Stacey

I'll have to check them closely, I think they are concrete,maybe I'm wrong. I'll need about 12" of extra banner on each end if I was to wrap the outsides around the ends.

Dave Stacey

Hi The poles on the left without the chains or hooks are the same type as I'm trying to attach a banner to. Drilling into the posts do not seem to be an options.
Anymore suggestions?
Thanks Dave

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 86

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you can't drill the existing posts and they don't have hooks in them already... you're screwed... literally.

You could try 'Plumber's Strap', but it will weaken the banner itself.

J Hill Designs

All I can think is drill through steel outer pole, then switch to masonry bit to drill into inner concrete core, pop some lag shield in there and screw through grommets into those...

Dave Stacey

Hi The poles on the left without the chains or hooks are the same type as I'm trying to attach a banner to. Drilling into the posts do not seem to be an options.
Anymore suggestions?
Thanks Dave

SignManiac

I don't see where you state the diameter of the poles? You might be able to use large 4" or 5" hose clamps, top and bottom at each end and then attach your banner with bungee cords.

sfr table hockey

Anymore suggestions?
Thanks Dave

Can you take a grommet press out to the site so you don't have to measure every post bang on. Or measure out every post or every other post and on the banner place 2 grommets at each post about 2-3 inches appart for each post, and then use a zip tie through the two grommets and around the post. If the grommets are not too far appart it won't cause the banner to wrap around the post but instead will sit flat against the post and yet have a way to tie it secure.