• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner material

salazar

Hey guys newbie here, ok so I just bought me a used Roland versacamm sp-300 and wanted to know what type of banner material I would need to print on it, I don't think I can use regular banner can I. Also do I get it from fellers?

klingsdesigns

I went through a lot of rolls that my printer didnt like. I know that matte the ink sticks better to. But i had good luck with zeelon on my vp 540

shoresigns

I've had good luck with Ultraflex Jetflex on my Roland. Better drying times than the cheaper brand my supplier stocks.

mzueger

I have good luck with Arlon 13 oz and 15 oz block out with my roland. The Eco ink scratches easy so i laminate with 210. Makes for a pretty durable banner that I can hem and grommet without worry of scratching.

DizzyMarkus

I use the double sided banner from Fellers--- cut down to 30.5" -- it just fits in the machine this way and leaves a bit extra for hemming. Yes its cut with an oridinary miter saw and a medium tooth blade. Dont cut it all at once the blade will get hot-- Once done, use a lighter lightly around the cut end to burn the few hairs off.

Markus

2B

I have good luck with Arlon 13 oz and 15 oz block out with my roland. The Eco ink scratches easy so i laminate with 210. Makes for a pretty durable banner that I can hem and grommet without worry of scratching.

we too have had the best luck with Arlon, tried the ultra series...... turned out to be ultraSUXX
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?109562-Ultraflexx-Ultrasuxx&highlight=ultrasuxx
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?112569-Ultrasuxx-Strikes-again&highlight=ultrasuxx

as far as scratching the ink, once the ink is cured (24hrs) we don't have that issue