• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Pricing

reQ

does anyone still use the Yellow Pages? I can't remember the last time I've used it. Our book is so thin now that it doesn't even last long in the restroom anymore.
:smile:

It is the last year for me to advertise in phone book. After that, will not renew it. Even in our small community, its getting used less and less. Google rules the market atm

TimToad

does anyone still use the Yellow Pages? I can't remember the last time I've used it. Our book is so thin now that it doesn't even last long in the restroom anymore.
:smile:

According to the stats I get every month, it still gets used out here. But then again, not all of our customers are FB addicts or 20-somethings.

We try to appeal to the broadest possible range of potential customers. Its like not putting all your investments in one account.

That isn't to say that we aren't gearing almost all of our future marketing efforts towards online and social media intensive marketing.

brycesteiner

It is the last year for me to advertise in phone book. After that, will not renew it. Even in our small community, its getting used less and less. Google rules the market atm

True. I'm <40 yet even the older people are using cell phones and dropping land lines so they don't get one here.

According to the stats I get every month, it still gets used out here. But then again, not all of our customers are FB addicts or 20-somethings.

We try to appeal to the broadest possible range of potential customers. Its like not putting all your investments in one account.

That isn't to say that we aren't gearing almost all of our future marketing efforts towards online and social media intensive marketing.
We are also a commercial printer and we have seen a tremendous uptick in EDDM mailings for reaching people. Our newspaper advertising is down, but so is our costs since we changed methods to keep up with the times and cut costs.
My prediction of the future of newspapers is half will be gone in 5-10 years. The only ones that still will be around is the smaller local papers that are free and paid for by advertising (similar to Google?). Dailies will either disappear or go down to 3 days per week.
Commercial printing is increasing in the next 5 years due to EDDM but then will start to drop again.
Television and Radio is also going downhill and are merging or selling out to competition to be shut down.
The market for advertising and promotion is so fragmented now, no one really knows where to start. When there were 3 TV stations and 2 newspapers in your city it was easy. Not now. Do people start with Facebook, CNN, Fox, TV, etc.
Big question for people starting out or in business for years -- makes no difference.

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Thank you all for participating!

As the original poster I am honestly smiling and having a laugh at the end of my long sign shop day! This took a lot of twists and turns and there was some very useful (thank you) posts and some not so useful but amusing posts as well.
At any rate, I will figure it out for what works for me and I will take to heart what was intended to be helpful to heart.
I don't pretend to know everything but I will say it irritated me to no end to be called lazy. I have only owned this shop for 3 years and I just expanded so while I don't pretend to know everything I am certainly doing damn good and one little issue with banner pricing will not sink me lol!
Peace to all of you and all that jazz :)
Barb

visualeyez

$6 per sq.ft. for one color on white background.
$7 per sq.ft. for two color on white background.
$8 per sq.ft. for full color.
Hem, grommets, and 15 minutes of design time included.
I sell them on the free design, and make it look good quick,
Then I order from 777sign.com for $0.69 per sq.ft.
Or signs365.com for $1.49 per sq.ft. with next day delivery for $10
Or I print myself same day.

jman

$4.50-$6.00 psf hem tape and grommets included. Depends on how large of a order or good of a customer. Artwork extra.