• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners

I am attaching 2 banner print outs the left one is a regular print...the wording comes out orange and I need red!! The right is using the "ALL" selection on color instead of just black the wording is red but obviously using alot more color (maybe just lighten picture) idk...any help/advice appreciated

Attachments

• 20240205_111132.jpg
    20240205_111132.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 189
  • 20240205_111245.jpg
    20240205_111245.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 160
  • 20240205_111430.jpg
    20240205_111430.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 158

Signarama Jockey

I like the one on the left, but you need red. Can you edit the file? I'd do that before I tried to change color balances or any print settings.

What are you working with digitally? CMYK, RGB?

I have tried to just edit color...I am working in coredraw and saving as a .pdf...but I have also gone into Flexi and created with same results...
Prismjet prints cmyk....so I have used that rather than my rgb in corel

Signarama Jockey

Does it not have conversion software somewhere in the RIP process? I know we print in CMYK, but all my printers can handle RGB data (they just figure out how to put it all in gamut).

I wish I had a clear quick answer for you. I'd just tinker with it. test print and tinker.... you know?

Last edited:

thesignpost

Thats what happens when you change opacity of a color, same thing happens with black, it changes to gray. Try using C15 M100 Y90 K12 then change the opacity to 50%, I think you will get a better red.

ToneCustomSigns

Try going into your color settings and clicking on the rendering Internet tab. Then go to the vector line and select pure hue. You can select m+y (or red). See if that helps.

Superior_Adam

have you ever printed out a color chart? I do not mess with color settings in the RIP. If you print out a color chart you can pick the colors off of that to use in your art.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have tried to just edit color...I am working in coredraw and saving as a .pdf...but I have also gone into Flexi and created with same results...
Prismjet prints cmyk....so I have used that rather than my rgb in corel
Mistake. Always send bitmaps in RGB. Your RIP can deal with converting to CMYK far better than any other software you have. Set your Rendering Intents to 'Perceptual' for bitmaps and to 'No Color Correction' for everything else. Try it and you might be pleasantly surprised. Then print a Pantone chart with these settings because what comes out of the printer is the truth.

Mistake. Always send bitmaps in RGB. Your RIP can deal with converting to CMYK far better than any other software you have. Set your Rendering Intents to 'Perceptual' for bitmaps and to 'No Color Correction' for everything else. Try it and you might be pleasantly surprised. Then print a Pantone chart with these settings because what comes out of the printer is the truth.
Where do I find "rendering intent to Perceptual"????

unclebun

The way I'm seeing it, that dropdown box you're selecting black or all in should not affect the appearance of the banner at all. It's in a section for labels and marks and should only affect the color of labels and marks. If you are truly changing only that setting and the print becomes oversaturated like the right hand result, there's something wrong with that RIP.

The settings you need to adjust for output are in Corel Draw's Color Management Settings for rendering intent.
When you export the pdf, make sure that on the export settings Color tab you have "Use Document Color Settings" checked and Output Color set to "Native".
DO NOT convert your photos to CMYK in the layout. Leave them as RGB, and these settings will let them be exported as RGB. The RIP will most accurately interpret them as it converts the layout in the ripping process.