• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beer Label Design

Joe Diaz

A football themed brew.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Stadium Stout final.jpg
    Stadium Stout final.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 250

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Very nice and clean. I like Stout. The Hop ball looks a little wide tho, maybe narrow it down a bit but what do I know, I'm a Pats fan sooooo..... :omg:

nikdoobs

I agree with others. The bottleneck and the type look great (Although the ball does look a little overinflated).

While the image on the bottom looks cool, it doesn't really feel like it should go on a beer bottle.

...plus artichoke flavored beer seems kind of gross.

Jillbeans

Try it without the green glow on the name and that ball stand thingy.
If hops are dried and not as green before use, maybe that might be a better color choice for the football part. I just don't like green with beer unless it's St. Patty's day.
I like the layout, though.
Love....Jill

Pat Whatley

Cause it's not made from hooves. It's made from hide, bones, ligaments and connective tissue which is much. much more appetizing. :Big Laugh

Joe Diaz

I just want to point out. The project is already done, sold, produced. So keep the comments and suggestions coming, but I say all this because I just don't want anyone to get upset when I don't make the changes they suggest. However, your opinions are noted and will be considered moving forward.

Joe Diaz

Jello is made from ground up animal hooves and you don't see any hooves on their packaging.

Yeah but you do see hops, wheat/barley etc on beer labels all the time. Especially craft beers, which this would be, And the craft beer consumers, the target audience, know what hops look like, and the "hoppiness" of a beer for these types of consumers are important. They will respond well to imagery that incorporates that ingredient, which is apparent when you go over the market research on this.

Here is a site dedicated to beer label designs, many of which are way better than what I've created here, however you will notice Hops imagery on many of them.
http://www.ohbeautifulbeer.com/

Even some of the major brands have the ingredients of the beer incorporated in the design.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BL14big__42788.1409900228.1280.1280.gif
    BL14big__42788.1409900228.1280.1280.gif
    182.3 KB · Views: 176

Joe Diaz

If it has to be explained then it's not working. My first impression was a brussels sprout, possibly the most disgusting vegetable on the planet.

I don't have to explain it to the target audience. They know what hops are, and the illustration resembles hops.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I saw hops and thought the solution was clever...

For full disclosure, I'm also a big fan of ohbeutifulbeer.com, artichokes and brussel sprouts.

TimToad

I don't have to explain it to the target audience. They know what hops are, and the illustration resembles hops.

As a lifelong craft beer lover and long time home brewer as qualifications, I'd respectfully point out that perhaps the reason some of those here including myself mistook your rendition of a hops bud as being morphed into an artichoke, or other vegetable is because that is what it looks like to us.

I've seen and consumed thousands of different craft beers in my life and frankly have never seen a hop bud rendered quite as "creatively" as you did it. I know its tough to get some less than gushing feedback in the rarified air you operate in, but some of us do have eyes and don't need to stand corrected or be condescended to just because we pointed something to someone so talented as yourself.