• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Before Digital Printing

Typestries

Thanks for the props, those letters were a ton of fun to make and we're totally enjoyable. I'm so stoked they make a great portfolio piece for you. They would of course be a no brainer with today's full 3-d technology, but 12 years ago it was a different story!

GypsyGraphics

Pinfinity, with your talent... why did you leave the business for so many years?
Looking at your work, I think you're back where you belong!

Pinfinity

Hey Rick, I can't believe it was 12 years ago. You were the bomb on that project with your routing abilities. I have to tell you though...it took me almost the entire summer to finish that project...sanding,primimg and finish coating that signfoam was a nightmare!
I have at least 6 coats of sanded primer 6 coats of Matthews A/P on those letters. The balance of the sign was various thickness Sintra, and fabricated aluminum. I used to do a lot of commercial spray coating at that time. I stand to be corrected on this particular project, there were certain aspects of that sign I sub-contracted that I couldn't manufacture in house. So, I need to give credit where credit is due. I worked with Discovery on the design. Their concept was non-dimensional. I had an idea of how I wanted it to look. Lots of layers. The sign currently sits on the roof of the Maryland soccerplex. It still looks brand new! Thanks again Rick from TYPESTRIES!

Pinfinity

Hi GG! should I call you that? Anyway, I burned out thats why I left the business. Also, it seemed like every body and their brother were opening up sign shops. It appeared to bring the respect of the sign trade into a downward spiral effect. But, having said that, once it's in your blood its hard to break away! So, I'm jumping back in again and seeing were it takes me....am I crazy or what!!! I must hate myself! just kiddin!