• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Code Free Web Creation?

player

I would like to design a web site. I am not going to learn code.

Is there anything out there that will work for me?

Thanks

visual800

We did ours with wix! Easy and fun. i commened those that can create websites with code but as for me I just dont care to learn!

Im sure it wont win any awards but I did upgrade to where all wix logos were gone but once I saw it doesnt attract a lot of attention I just downgraded again. It was very simple to do! they can also mke it to where it works on smart devices, I didnt carry it that far.

http://visual800.wix.com/first#!play

player

Thanks for the wix. I have my own server space and url so is there something that will work without having to use their name and servers?

rossmosh

WordPress is likely the most popular one. For about $100 you can buy a "custom" template and then it's more or less filling in the blanks.

player

WordPress is likely the most popular one. For about $100 you can buy a "custom" template and then it's more or less filling in the blanks.

Where would I get templates from? (Google! Beat the troll to it.) Is there anywhere you recommend?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I have my own server space and url so is there something that will work without having to use their name and servers?
If you don't know how to change the name servers or mask a url, you're in over your little brain.

rjssigns

If you're using Adobe CC Muse will be part of it. Students I talk to always say how easy it is to use. Nearly drag and drop functionality. Some present their portfolios on their own Muse designed website.
As others have mentioned WIX is worth a try also.

rossmosh

Unless you need to do special functions, for the most part, you don't need to know a lick of code to put together a website. It's been this way for years. MS FrontPage and Dreamweaver have made building a typical 5 page website possible without knowing pretty much any code. Obviously those programs are now obsolete, but that shows how long it's been this way.

The challenge with building an average website is not the code. It's not even functionality. It's content. Designing the graphics, getting the look right, filling in the right copy, and doing it all well is what holds people back. I don't do web design and I'm in no way advertising a service (I'll turn you down if you contact me). I've barely used Word Press. With that said, if you design all the graphics and type up all the content, I could get together a "standard" Wordpress site in less than a day. It will likely take you 20+ hours to get your portfolio ready, design the graphics, and write up the copy. That's what takes the time.

ChicagoGraphics

The first website I had done was on 3dCart I had an ecommerce site, you get 15 days trial then after that you decide if you want it or not. I tell everyone, if I was able to make a website anyone can. There are a lot of great free templates or can buy a custom one. The instructions and videos are very easy to follow, if you can type and copy & paste you can build a website.