• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best decision

hillman99

I'm purchasing a Uninet icolor 650 White Toner printer. This unit has the option of purchasing a sublimation kit of separate toner cartridges for sublimation. From the limited information I have found, this kit gets around 2000 to 3000 prints. The cost is around $1700. I've been told that when comparing the cost to a Sawgrass or comparable sublimation printer hands down the white toner/ toner sublimation kit is the cost saving preferred method for a business. I was informed that the sublimation ink from a Sawgrass type machine is way more expensive, especially when taking into account the limited prints in comparison. I would appreciate any knowledgeable feedback. Thank you!

netsol

I'm purchasing a Uninet icolor 650 White Toner printer. This unit has the option of purchasing a sublimation kit of separate toner cartridges for sublimation. From the limited information I have found, this kit gets around 2000 to 3000 prints. The cost is around $1700. I've been told that when comparing the cost to a Sawgrass or comparable sublimation printer hands down the white toner/ toner sublimation kit is the cost saving preferred method for a business. I was informed that the sublimation ink from a Sawgrass type machine is way more expensive, especially when taking into account the limited prints in comparison. I would appreciate any knowledgeable feedback. Thank you!
When many companies estimate ink/toner cost, they spec at 5% coverage
i would be skeptical ofvygeir figures ALTHOUGH I want one of those white toner printers as much as you do.
keep in mind a white toner layer WILL BE at least 100% coverage

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
are you currently doing sublimation? if not, do you have the business lined up to support it? Do you understand the limitations of sublimation (polyester/light colors/etc)? What can sublimation do for you that the white toner printer can't already?

the answers to those may help you make the answer to your question clearer

hillman99

Information shared from heat press nation:
When it comes to the transfer process, sublimation ink infuses into the fabric, providing the most permanent and softest transfer available. In contrast, white toner DTF transfers sit on top of the fabric and adhere using a strong adhesive, similar to screen printing and heat transfer vinyl. Both methods eliminate the need for cutting and weeding, making the customization process more efficient. Maintenance requirements differ as well. Sublimation printers like the Sawgrass SG500 require daily self-maintenance as long as the printer remains powered on. In contrast, white toner DTF printers have minimal daily or weekly maintenance and can be stored for months without issues. Sublimation printers are not suitable for long-term storage due to ink considerations. Moreover, sublimation lacks a white ink option, limiting the ability to print on dark or colored materials. In contrast, white toner DTF's name indicates its capability to print white, offering versatility in design possibilities.
Basically this explains why one would still consider sublimation along with white toner.
Softest transfer available for customers wanting darker polyester material!

Stacey K

I like making signs
You can buy mine! I used it and then I decided it was too much learning so it's sitting in the corner. I mostly letter vehicles and I do shirts but I've gotten away from small custom orders and just order the heat transfers for large orders.

I do Sublimation with an Epson F570. The F170 is the smaller version of the printer, but uses the same ink. I definitely am happy with the purchase as the ink is relatively inexpensive. I don't do sublimation everyday and the printer can sit weeks between prints, it will do an occasional head cleaning before printing, it's not a big waster of ink when it's not printing.

hillman99

You can buy mine! I used it and then I decided it was too much learning so it's sitting in the corner. I mostly letter vehicles and I do shirts but I've gotten away from small custom orders and just order the heat transfers for large orders.
What type of printer? I may be interested!