• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Quality Settings

JLSignsLLC

I am working with flexi 10 with a VJ-1614, I would like to make my self more knowledgeable on what effect settings to use for different jobs. Example: When printing pictures on vinyl/canvas what would be the best effect to use. I print a lot of the same decals for one of my costumers, i notice (sometimes) that the colors are a bit dull, have slight waves, and not consistent. Any help is help.

Thank you, Jason

randya

i notice (sometimes) that the colors are a bit dull, have slight waves, and not consistent. Any help is help.

Thank you, Jason

Dull and not consistant should not be a function of the effect choosen, but more of color management.

In reality even banding is a function of the profile/media, but can be helped by changing the effect.
Make sure you have done a PF Adjust (page feed).
There is also a Micro adjust that can be used while the machine is printing.
You can save a real time micro adjust by choosing "Back Up" right after the Micro adjust menu.
It will save the settings in the User mode that is currently selected.
If not saved it will only apply to the current job, until printing is complete.

The most popular effects inhouse for that machine was the wave 2 and fuzz settings.