• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Value for Flatbed Printers

Nspired1

Hey Everyone, What's the general consensus on the Mutoh Valuejet 1608HA? I'm trying to decide on what model of flatbed I should be looking at. Been in the business for years and am contemplating on making the next big step.

HulkSmash

The next big step is NOT a Mutoh Hybrid Flatbed.

Of you're looking for the best bang for your buck TRUE flatbed printer. Check out the CET Color.

10sacer

Send me a PM and I'll tell ya all you ever wanted to know about the CET flatbed. I have the very first one...

HulkSmash

I was told they're coming out with new heads in a month which are superior to their current ones. So i'd wait it out for a couple weeks. and Matt over at advantage sells them.

10sacer

Don't know about superior... faster maybe. Its the newer Spectra heads vs. the Konica Minolta 512 heads thats currently in the models.

Will depend on what your business model is... If you are cranking out a ton of coro signs - then the new one is for you, but if you are doing alot of backlits and close up viewing stuff like me... I don't think you can beat the KM heads - its what Oce uses, too.

miker

The answers all depends on what type of work you are trying to produce. Give us a little more info and we can steer you in the right direction.

benjakes

People,

This is so simple. Twice the speed of Oce, half the cost, better quality, and I think if I called Dave and said I was unhappy with his printer (a year later) he would give me every dollar back.

I wish all things were so simple.

HulkSmash

People,

This is so simple. Twice the speed of Oce, half the cost, better quality, and I think if I called Dave and said I was unhappy with his printer (a year later) he would give me every dollar back.

because we know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

SignManiac

People,

Who the hell is Dave and what printer does he have???? Am I missing something here?