• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Vinyl For Table Tops

daenterpri

Hello!

I need to print some seasonal table top decals for a restaurant franchise. The tricky part is that it needs to be child/people proof so it needs to be somewhat difficult to pull up, but it also needs to be not too difficult to pull up when the season is over 3-4 months from now. Also, table surfaces may vary. Any suggestions for something like this? I know it sounds like I'm looking for some sort of magical product, but I didn't know if there was a standard product that people turn to for table tops.

Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We used a lot of IJ35c and recently switched to Instant One Media. We also use a 15mil Polycarbonate textured laminate for high wear situations like table tops if its flat surface only and 6mil if it has to wrap around edges.

daenterpri

We used a lot of IJ35c and recently switched to Instant One Media. We also use a 15mil Polycarbonate textured laminate for high wear situations like table tops if its flat surface only and 6mil if it has to wrap around edges.

Were you wrapping the entire table top or putting smaller ads on the table top? In our scenario we are printing 10" x 10" rounds. Since it's only a 3 month duration time that is needed, should I bother with the poly laminate? Also, since it's a 10" x 10" decal, would there be a worry with the thicker poly laminate making it easier to grab ahold of and pull up? Or does it make it harder to pull up for kids and such?