• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to rename this sign...for the third time in 2-3 years

Stacey K

I like making signs
Original sign is vinyl on 3mm ACM, I made 2 boards and they installed the boards then as you can see they put bricks over the top of the vinyl/board.

2nd time, I did as many of you said and simply placed a new vinyl decal over the old logo, with a red outline as the edge - worked like a charm!

3rd time, pizza place is back under a new name. They kicked out the Mexican place and spray painted over the name directly onto the vinyl to cover up Tabascos. It's the worst cover-up job I've ever seen, the overspray is almost on the bricks.

What is the best option? I'm thinking to make a sign board for each side? But the spray paint is past the red line, almost on the bricks so maybe add some vinyl on the edges and cut around the bricks then add the sign board on top slightly larger than the red outline?

I'm in Wisconsin and they need it done by Feb 28. Of course they have known since December and it was just 50 this week they waited until today to call. Forecast is 20's-low 30's going forward.

Attachments

• 421094621_24820302030951555_2383262049167471461_n.jpg
    421094621_24820302030951555_2383262049167471461_n.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 198

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'm thinking cover the whole board with vinyl - and you will need to trim around the bricks. Charge double and they can collect their money from the idiot who spray painted it. Although, I do like the idea of incorporating the spray paint combined with Sign steins Graffiti idea.
This location seems to have a lot of turnover.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it was sprayed out not too long ago, you might be able to remove the overspray outside the red with some goof off or other paint remover stuff. Did you laminate that print. Even if ya didn't, ya can't mess anything up by doing so. I'd make the next one ever-so-slightly larger.

If that isn't an option, put some battens on that sign and do a complete overlay and make the sign really look 3D.

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
The guy who owns the building and ordered the original sign is the spray painter. I don't understand what people are thinking...

Stacey K

I like making signs
If it was sprayed out not too long ago, you might be able to remove the overspray outside the red with some good off or other paint remover stuff. Did you laminate that print. Even if ya didn't, ya can't mess anything up by doing so. I'd make the next one ever-so-slightly larger.

If that isn't an option, put some battens on that sign and do a complete overlay and make the sign really look 3D.
Yes, I laminated it. The spray paint is pretty bumpy so I would like to get as much of the bumps off as possible. of course it's cold outside so that sucks.

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's flat paint, if can't get it off should I spray it with some clear gloss or will the vinyl stick to the flat paint?