• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Better looking sign

unclebun

Here's a sign at a condo complex we did this week. When the management company called they asked if we could make a sign that would be better-looking than the one their HOA board did by themselves. Do you think we succeeded?

BEFORE:
Pelican Bay 0.jpg

AFTER:

Pelican Bay 1.jpg

garyroy

Looks good to me. What material did you use?
Artwork is very basic but if that's their logo, then mission accomplished.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Overall good. Seems off centered to the left, but it could just be the camera angle.
(Repositioning the deadwood branch was a nice finishing touch)

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Major improvement... But the pic looks like a mockup. The original monstrosity looks painted, but the improved version doesn't look real.what is it made from?

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like ya got done, just before the last flower died. Off center because they wanted to cover the graffiti and couldn't afford anymore material. Good job.

unclebun

The sign is 3'x24' MaxMetal mounted on treated 2x4 pieces mounted vertically that are Tapconned to the wall. Tough drilling because it's a hatchet finished concrete wall with native river rock, which means there's limestone, chert, quartzite, and flint in it. Sometimes the drill bit goes in, sometimes it stops dead and gets destroyed. The design was to match their business card and flyers. The wall faces the lake, so it has to be large letters and plain design for readability. The sign is slightly off-center to the left because we had to cover the painted P. I wasn't going to put another 7" of sign on the right to make it fully centered. The completion photo does look pretty much identical to our mock-up for design approval.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The replacement is OK. It, as well as all of their printed material, could be much better with a different type face selection.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The sign is 3'x24' MaxMetal mounted on treated 2x4 pieces mounted vertically that are Tapconned to the wall. Tough drilling because it's a hatchet finished concrete wall with native river rock, which means there's limestone, chert, quartzite, and flint in it. Sometimes the drill bit goes in, sometimes it stops dead and gets destroyed. The design was to match their business card and flyers. The wall faces the lake, so it has to be large letters and plain design for readability. The sign is slightly off-center to the left because we had to cover the painted P. I wasn't going to put another 7" of sign on the right to make it fully centered. The completion photo does look pretty much identical to our mock-up for design approval.

Why not use a 10' piece in the middle, cut it properly and size accordingly ?? Nobody is ever gonna know you put it off-center to cover something up.

unclebun

Why not use a 10' piece in the middle, cut it properly and size accordingly ?? Nobody is ever gonna know you put it off-center to cover something up.
Considered it, decided against it due to price. And it doesn't look off center at all when you can see the whole wall as you do walking down the seawall walk.

unclebun

The replacement is OK. It, as well as all of their printed material, could be much better with a different type face selection.
Perhaps, but that isn't what I was hired for. There's a time to suggest doing a whole makeover for a company but with this job making them have to change the dimensional letters on their entrance wall and all their marketing materials and in-unit signage and materials was way more than they were asking for.