• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bi-directional printing suddenly stops

force-ultimate

Hi there, we're running a Mimaki JV33 with a brand new configured Main PCB board. It prints well for a few meters and then suddenly the bi-directional printing drops out. See attached photos, the print should be dark green but you can see the print fading out as the ink is only laid down in one direction.

We've changed the slider board and the station assay + station cable. And have tried reuploading the parameters... same problem.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

tulsagraphics

This may or may not be helpful, but I had a similar thing happen on my Mutoh -- it ended up being a corrupt media profile. Deleted and recreated a new one (custom profile by the way, not from mgfr.) No problems since.

force-ultimate

No photos attached that I can see.
Sorry - messed that up. The dark green is the correct colour, you can see the head missing passes before ending up 100% uni-directional with a faded green print.

Attachments

• IMG_7279.jpeg
    IMG_7279.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87

force-ultimate

This may or may not be helpful, but I had a similar thing happen on my Mutoh -- it ended up being a corrupt media profile. Deleted and recreated a new one (custom profile by the way, not from mgfr.) No problems since.
Thanks, good tip. We're using Caldera, I'll have a look at regenerating/reusing a profile.