• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Big Check" pricing

trakers

So we recently had an order for 10 of those big checks used at presentations and such.

I am struggling with the pricing. Usually these things come in as one off orders. Don't know about you guys, but we hate those types of jobs. Same setup, same printing same everything except mounted to Coro instead of a real substrate.

Issue is the customer only uses them once of course and thus the perceived value as opposed to a sign that might be used for years.

We were able to get 6 on each sheet of Coro. Using our normal pricing that puts them at $30 a piece. Does that sound reasonable to you fellas?

We want to keep this particular customer long term so am worried they will expect something way lower. Next time we'll quote me up front, however in this case we received the order 2 days before the event.

CanuckSigns

$30 sounds low to me, when we make these, we mount to 1/8" pvc and charge around 3x that, but we laminate with dry erase and use them over & over.

Sam I Am

Whose perceived value? One time use or over a year does it take you less time or materials to do them? Foamcore, Coroplast, Celtec, or what ever substrate they need them on are priced the same as any other sign of the same.

If this is a customer that you want to "throw a bone to" you could discount it, however they've already backed you in a corner with getting you a rush order in. If you sell a 3 line text, 2'x3', 4 m Coro for $42.00 would you sell it cheaper if the customer just wanted to use it for an hour?

704signs

The customer may use it for an hour but the photos of the event will be be around longer than that.

Haakon

We were able to get 6 on each sheet of Coro. Using our normal pricing that puts them at $30 a piece. Does that sound reasonable to you fellas?

We want to keep this particular customer long term so am worried they will expect something way lower. Next time we'll quote me up front, however in this case we received the order 2 days before the event.

1. You can either use your normal pricing, and if they react to the price you explain them that your costs are the same even if they only use it for a short time.

2. If you're scared that your normal pricing will possibly lose you this customer, discount it to whatever cost you feel they are comfortable with, and add a dollar to each of their future purchased items until you make up the difference.

3. Just give them a discount outright if you feel that they will then become a loyal customer. Maybe the next order will make up for this tenfold? We're only speculating here, it is you who know this customer and have to make the call on what they are worth to you.

timco1

big checks

I do them every week. $45.00 each for a 2x4 on white coro. Yes that is cheap.
They order 10 at a time.

Si Allen

If that customer doesn't want to pay you a decent profit price ... then you really don't want them as a customer!