• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help BIG JOB NEED SOME ADVICE. 50 FT Diameter Circle

DJAvocado

Hey there everybody I've got a small sign shop, with a couple of employees. We have a flatbed printer, mutoh wide format printer, laminator, and cutter. Paint guns etc. We have a 60ft boom and a 30ft boom. We recently just got this job to paint a 50 ft diameter circle. Its from the local high school and it includes their logo. It is of medium detail, with mostly simple lines and curves. The concrete will be on ground level. We just don't know exactly how to do it, applying a stencil that big seems like an insurmountable task. We thought it might be possible to somehow with a projector, project the stencil and then have no application. But it appears we would have some scaling issues. Anything you all could think of would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

damonCA21

Mark out a grid on the artwork, then scale this onto the concrete marking out with chalk. This will let you find the points where the design crosses each edge of the square and you will be able to recreate it at the 50ft size you need.
You could even print out 1ft sheets of the design divided up, then use these up against the concrete marked out with 1ft squares to trace it

MikePro

projector would be tough, as you would need a fairly tall boom and a really bright projector to make that work.

+1 to tiling it into a grid. pretty easy to mark a center and run a 25ft string from the center and mark the perimeter of the circle, and then grid that out to whatever sized tiles you want to work with.
heck you could even grid it out as small as 8.5x11's and just printout all the pages of the artwork and hand-trace/transfer the simple lines to follow and go-over it with paint to finish: filling in colored fields with spray/roll and then finishing with sharpening any details of the linework.

Broome Signs

HI
I would start with a 25-1 scale drawing of the design and a grid
then mark the full size grid out on the floor with a snap line (chalk line)
you now have 24" square chunks to work with
from the centre point ,draw the outline diameter,
now draw the design onto your grid from the scale drawing
paint and enjoy

PB