• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bigass aerial map for the drop zone.

SignManiac

Just finished this off. It's 8'h. x 10'w. direct printed on two 4' x 10' sheets of DiBond for the skydiving center. New visiting jumpers can use this to figure out what the DZ looks like from up above and where the facilities are located. I designed it for CYPRES, one of the sponsors and a company based in Germany. Going to install it tomorrow on a block wall.

Attachments

• Skydive City Bunker Map.jpg
    Skydive City Bunker Map.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 115

SignManiac

I made a frame from 1" square aluminum tubing with a center tube running horizontal through the middle where the seams butt together. Double sided foam tape along the surfaces and then framed the entire perimeter with 1"x1" PVC outside corner molding. It's light yet very strong. Will hang with cleats and four screws to hold it in place.

Jillbeans

That's a good idea.
Not that I'd ever skydive, but I'd sure as heck want to know where to land.
I think the pond needs some angry alligators.
Love.....Jill

MikePro

skydiving is.... AWESOME!!!
highly recommend it if you're every toying with the idea. you don't really even feel like you're falling and, if you're going tandom (which most people do for the first time), there's a guy strapped to your back that doesn't want to die/get injured just as much as you do :)

DO IT!

SignManiac

What drop zone? We have many good ones in Florida. Z-hills here is the best one. Let me know if I can help in any way.

cgsigns_jamie

I haven't really decided yet... need to soon though.
I was thinking of going here: http://www.SkydiveJacksonville.com/ just because they're local.

It's going to be me and a buddy. He's terrified of heights and airplanes but he says he wants to go skydiving. Might convince my dad and brother to join us as well before the big day.

What makes Zephyrhills so much better? Would it be worth the drive?

Last edited:

showcase 66

Looks good.

Skydive Las Vegas had a handout like this when I went for the first time. My dad always said he wanted to skydive so on his 50th bday I bought him, my brother and me tickets to fly. My dad then said he always wanted to but the older he got and the closer to death this didnt seem as fun as before. Needless to say. I have jumped 3 times my brother and dad zero. At least I enjoyed it. The next thing I want to do is bungee of the Stratosphere.

cgsigns_jamie

Haha! I might just have to make the drive down then.
Plan on making reservations here in the next few weeks! Maybe we could go up in the coro-plane?

SignManiac

Seriously Jamie, check out skydivecity.com

If you guys decide to make the trip down I'll meet you at the drop zone. I'll even see if I can hook you up with a better price once I know how many are in your "party". This DZ is the most famous drop zone in the world and specialize in fun! I know every instructor here and the average number of jumps for the instructors is probably around 7,000 jumps each. Plus they have a skyvan to jump from. It's a tailgate exit. A real blast to exit from.

Here's one of the last jumps I made in Z-Hills. You can make out the drop zone in the bottom left corner.

Attachments

• 118way.jpg
    118way.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 97

cgsigns_jamie

Thanks Bob! That sounds awesome.

I'll talk to my buddies this weekend and see who's in and shoot ya a PM with some info.

I appreciate all the info and the lead on SkyDiveCity.com .. Each day I get more and more excited about jumping out of a plane, I can't wait!