• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

billboard banner

jaylem

I had a request for a quote on a 4' x 48' billboard banner. The ad guy, a long time associate of mine, that was looking for the quote didn't have the material specification but did tell me that it was a non-adhesive banner material that they stretch. I couldn't be held to it but I said maybe $800. He told me I was way high and that his other sources are around $500. At that point I told him I needed to know what specific material they wanted quoted and that I'd be able to get him a more accurate price. Until he gets me the info does anyone have an idea of what it commonly used for billboard and what the going street price?

Thanks,
Jason

Kottwitz-Graphics

I just got a quote for a 10 x 20 for 300 plus 50 freight.... if they have art you can make a small profit on just turning it around. You should also state that install is extra.

And the customer could be blowing smoke. They have been known to do that from time to time.

TheSnowman

If they're sending me the artwork, I'd be glad to take that one and send it to my favorite merchant member here, and still walk away with a decent profit.

J Hill Designs

pretty sure billboard companies get printed product for like $0.25 a sq ft - that 'blueback' stuff

edit: however, a 4' tall billboard doesn't make much sense to me