• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Friday Deals?

mygraphicsshop

Anybody heading out for Black Friday? I haven't in years but might attempt to pick up one of the 40" 1080P TVs from Best Buy for $199.

SignManiac

I'd buy a tv for that price even though I don't need one, but I won't attempt to go into a store on Friday with all those people for any price.

CanuckSigns

We don't have black friday here, but every year we get the stories on the news about someone trampled to death by a bunch of idiots trying to get a deal. i don't care if they are giving stuff away, it's not worth the hassle from what I can gather. It seems to bring out the worst in humanity

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
We don't have black friday here, but every year we get the stories on the news about someone trampled to death by a bunch of idiots trying to get a deal. i don't care if they are giving stuff away, it's not worth the hassle from what I can gather. It seems to bring out the worst in humanity

As a friend of mine from Redondo Beach says... "I wouldn't go out in that madness even if they were selling hundred-dollar bills for $12.50... "

Pat Whatley

Anybody heading out for Black Friday? I haven't in years but might attempt to pick up one of the 40" 1080P TVs from Best Buy for $199.

Maybe it's different there but the line at our local Best Buy will start at about noon Thursday. They issue people numbers ahead of time and then let them trickle into the store numerically to stop the chaotic dash. Usually the first 40-50 people (who waited in line overnight) get all of the good deals.

I heard news reports this morning that people in some cities were already in line.

SAS

Maybe it's different there but the line at our local Best Buy will start at about noon Thursday. They issue people numbers ahead of time and then let them trickle into the store numerically to stop the chaotic dash. Usually the first 40-50 people (who waited in line overnight) get all of the good deals.

I heard news reports this morning that people in some cities were already in line.

This is just crazy.
http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/Line_Already_Forming_At_Greenville_Best_Buy_134390783.html

my coworker and myself are going, to get a good deal on tupperware but pretty much to watch people and just enjoy hanging out... I think it will be fun!

Pat Whatley

I did hear one of the people on the radio attempt to justify it. He was going to save something like $1500 on the purchases he was going to make. Waiting in line 48 hours made his savings $31.25 an hour which was double what he made at his job so instead of seeing it as wasting 48 hours in line it was saving him 48 of work.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I always go to Lowe's and Home Depot. There is hardly a line and very rarely sell out. I picked up a nice Werner 4' Latter for $20 last year. Batteries, work gloves, box cutters etc are usually a good deal too, so I stock up for the year.

Mike F

I'll be working. I don't normally go in till 10 or 11 in the morning so hopefully by that time all the crazies will have gone back to bed, I hate traffic when I'm hungover.