• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

black head acting funny?

Redz Signs Inc.

i will post pictures but heres my issue. the right side of the black head prints perfict. theleft side its all there but its seams thicker and fuzzy. so i took my damper off and flushed it clean then i pushed cleaning solution threw the head on that channel....now it still doing the same thing however it was perfict a couple of days ago it just doesent make scence i did nozzel wash and a couple of other cleaning options with not luck here and ideas? i would hope to get this problem solved myself but i cant so if you have any imput i would greatly appreciate it ..

thanks guys,

Curtis D.

Redz Signs Inc.

here are before And After Pics

Attachments

• IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0240.jpg
    IMAG0240.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 86

MikePro

bad ink batch of ink?
try putting in a new ink cartridge on that channel and doing an ink fillup.

Redz Signs Inc.

im running bulk and it brand new system and ink havent had a problem but i can see your point but its the same ink ink in the other side also wouldent there be a problem there to?... so what do i do about that issue now scince i have a full bulk load ?

thnaks

MikePro

i'd say communication error.
1) power-down your printer, unplug from wall, and hit the green button to discharge any stored electricity.
2) swap the two ribbon cables for the black head at the slider board
3) power-up and run a test draw
if the problem jumps to the other channel, you might have board issues.
if the problem persists, power-down again, put the ribbon cables back to original place, and pull the bad channel's ribbon out from the printhead and re-seat it.
power-up and test draw again. (if this corrects the issue, it just meant that you had a bad connection. if it persists, your head might be going bad)

Redz Signs Inc.

mike,

i tried all the options that u said with no improvement when i swap the cables it will not print anything for a test draw .. the cables are seated and i checked and reseated them .. i went from fine to what the pic is in one day never sean a head go like that before in a day any othre ideas?

Redz Signs Inc.

not sure as to how old the head is.... mabe 3 to 4 yrs and for it to drop out like that is really weird expecially the next day ...i might have to go with bad bach of ink .....but im still not sure

artbot

i had a head do that once and it cleared up. i blamed it on some heavy ink or something coming down the line.

i'd do like mike pro suggested. at least with a data swap, you can start eliminating the issue. also, if you swap black dampers, does the issue go to the other side of that head?

Redz Signs Inc.

i havent tried to swap the dampers never thought of that .. :banghead:

i will have to give it a try thanks for the quick responce i really appreciate it .

Redz Signs Inc.

Ok attached is the same head that was causing all the problems that most said the head was shot.... i did nothing no cleanings just kept printing and as you can see its starting to come back. these stupid head monkeys! need to leave me alone but here it is i thought i keep everyone posted.

Attachments

• IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 71

artbot

when you did the data swap, what did the test render. did the magenta left side act up? or did the issue stay with the black head?

Redz Signs Inc.

acually i switched the cables and did a test print and nothing printed but it went threw the cycle as it was going to print.... weird... but it put it all back together andleft it alone and printed everyday even something stupid andthis is what happened it started getting better it took about2 days and this is how much ithas progressed from the inital pictures. as fast as it got screwed up is howfast it comming back....crazy right?

artbot

to me if you did the swap and it did nothing i figure the cables maybe weren't seated or ??? there should be no reason at all that the printer would even be aware electronically that the swap had occurred. i'd do it again just because it is the one procedure that will point to the head or boards or in some cases the ribbons. also you can do a "same head damper swap". put the right side damper on the left side and vice versa. that will give you a good read if you are having an ink/supply issue. my bet is that there is something wrong with the head if all else points to normal.