• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blik or equivalent film

alucard13mmfmj

Hello. I found this forum while looking up information about PhotoTex. My dad's friend, owns a printing shop called 1FastPrint. The other day I went to seek out my dad's friend. I asked him if he could do something like Blik and I showed him a sample of what I bought from Blik. He said he doesn't have an equivalent material. He could help me do the prints if I find the sheet or film, but otherwise he is busy =(.

Anyways, the reason why I am searching is that I am trying to start start a business like Blik, but specialized in life sized (like fathead) movable and reusable wall graphics of popular fan-made cartoon characters. I know some people who would put down 100USD on a life sized wall graphic of their favorite female character. I don't particularly have any printing experience myself, but I used to do some minor screenprinting and I did photoshop (won a few awards in digital arts at a state fair).

Anyways, anyone know what type of film does Blik exactly use for their re-stikable line? Their site list it as self-adhesive polypropylene film, but it doesn't really help me find what I am looking for (since I am a novice) with google. I am not sure if what I am looking at is what I am looking for.

PhotoTex seems to have nice qualities, but from what I read, it is not translucent. An example of the character/image http://chan.nekomagic.com/random/src/134990889282.png . I plan to do a general cropping/cutout of the character, but I dont want a white border around the character (phototex is white). That is why I am seeking a translucent film. The details might be too small to get a good cutout.

I would like a film that can be used indoors, outdoors and on cars that can be removable and reusable/repose-able.

Thanks for your time in reading this. I thought about doing it 1-2 years ago, but I was busy with school ^^. I also hope I don't purchase a 200-300 USD roll of film that require special printers or cutters that my dad's friend does not have.