• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Block Wall Wrap Pricing

K2

Looking for some help here on some pricing. I was called out to do some wall wraps and some misc. wall lettering in a few areas in this commercial building. The walls are brand new freshly painted cement block walls. I will be using 3M IJ8624 with 8524 recommended laminate. The walls vary from 10' to 11.5 high and anywhere from 10' to 25' wide. Im in a smaller market (pop 35,000) with a lot of competition. We have done many vehicle wraps and some wall (drywall) wraps but no wraps of masonry work so I'm not exactly sure the difficulty and time its going to take. Any suggestions on roughly where I should be at per sf. or any helpful tips.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Looking for some help here on some pricing. I was called out to do some wall wraps and some misc. wall lettering in a few areas in this commercial building. The walls are brand new freshly painted cement block walls. I will be using 3M IJ8624 with 8524 recommended laminate. The walls vary from 10' to 11.5 high and anywhere from 10' to 25' wide. Im in a smaller market (pop 35,000) with a lot of competition. We have done many vehicle wraps and some wall (drywall) wraps but no wraps of masonry work so I'm not exactly sure the difficulty and time its going to take. Any suggestions on roughly where I should be at per sf. or any helpful tips.

Are you the one installing this? Have you ever installed this stuff before? You should really figure out all your cost that will be involved but I would imagine you should be at $15 or more per sq.ft.

Take the time you think it will take and probably double it. The initial installation of the film isn't hard since it's pretty much flat, but going over it with a heat gun and either this or this is what takes so long (they're only about 4" wide and since you want to overlap each pass you really only heat up and press down 3" per pass). I would definitely recommend the TSA-4 if you can swing it, the TSA-1 is kind of hard to keep upright. Either way your arms get tired as hell after the first 50 square feet.

As for pricing I've seen anywhere from $12 per square foot to $20, just depends on your market. It's expensive film and very time consuming to do.

Good luck.

K2

Thanks for the replies. I have not ever installed this stuff but from the videos it does not look that hard but then again it is a 3M video so i cant imagine they would make it seem that difficult. I can't imagine I could get more then $12 a sf so I guess my next question is, is it worth it at $12 a sf.? It's going to be roughly about 1,500 sf of total vinyl used throughout building. I'm not starving here and have plenty of work but all in all this is a very good size job and would love to do it for this particular client. But, I learned in the past not to do work just to do it, I better make some some money.

It isn't difficult if it's just painted brick or cinderblock (if it has really deep grooves it's a different story), it just takes a lot of time to do properly and is very fatiguing on your arms. That being said, a 1,500 job at $12/sq. ft is nothing to sneeze at.. But if you really don't need the work shoot for $14-15 and make and extra 3-4k if it's accepted...

WB

I just looked at a up coming install I have.. 100'x10' I'm allowing 4-5 days for installation.

It does take time and effort to install the material properly and consistently.

for interior painted cinder block the envision 480 works aswell and speeds up install but is not any cheaper.