• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat striping

TopFliteGraphics

Got a client (boat yard) that has a 58' sea ray with a dual waterline stripe that the client wants replaced. It is a 3/4" silver metallic with 7/8"
gap and then 3-1/4" blue stripe. The yard will remove the old stripes if I want them to. Looks like I can get pre-cut material (not masked together) for around $120.00 including spacing tape.

My question is, how much should I charge for installation? I'd like t give the customer a good price but at the same time, I do not want to leave a bunch f money on the table (or dock for that matter).

We would be at about $300 for labor for one guy, if the old vinyl is removed and glue cleaned off. I'd at least double my material cost, maybe 3 times if you still have to mask them. Plus travel.

Snydo

We would be at about $300 for labor for one guy, if the old vinyl is removed and glue cleaned off. I'd at least double my material cost, maybe 3 times if you still have to mask them. Plus travel.

Plus a little extra for the guy with the million dollar boat who will likely insist on perfection, not that it should be hard at all if the surface is properly prepped/cleaned.

0igo

That better not be a $300 dollar job. I just did a 1ft x 16ft boat last week for $500. It was a 30 minute job but with all the cup caking it took an extra 15-20 mins. Unless the boat is prepped for you dont do anything under $450+ material.

Edit: that's 58' 700 min.

Snydo

That better not be a $300 dollar job. I just did a 1ft x 16ft boat last week for $500. It was a 30 minute job but with all the cup caking it took an extra 15-20 mins. Unless the boat is prepped for you dont do anything under $450+ material.

Edit: that's 58' 700 min.
$300 was just for the labor.

sagesign

In my experience, when a client will remove striping/lettering, that's what they do, they remove it and leave every bit of adhesive on since the sign guy will have something to get that off. I wouldn't price it thinking you can go there and start striping, at least in my experience. Also, the last thing I would worry about would be giving a guy with a 58' Sea Ray a good price, unless I owned a 59'!