• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat Wrap Problems

JoshLoring

I use 3951 for boats and they are fine.
Advice:
-Lam strip ALL in water edges with 1/2" strips
-Post heat the wrap extremely well and re-squeegee over to assure glue is spread.
no water for 5 days post wrap.

Ultimately., if anything gets hit.. There's nothing you can do. Most pro boats get wrapped every major tour for one use. So.. Ya

GraphixGuys

I use 3951 for boats and they are fine.
Advice:
-Lam strip ALL in water edges with 1/2" strips
-Post heat the wrap extremely well and re-squeegee over to assure glue is spread.
no water for 5 days post wrap.

Ultimately., if anything gets hit.. There's nothing you can do. Most pro boats get wrapped every major tour for one use. So.. Ya

So many of the pro's put a new wrap on for every tourney? This guy just went into the elite circuit where you have to have your boat wrapped but I don't think he is ready (to pay for) a new boat wrap every 2 weeks.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I used 36in IJ 180 CV3 on my boat....has worked great for last season. I fish saltwater on my 27ft worldcat...only scuffs are from me hitting a dock here and there. We hit some heavy seas too on it and get tossed some from boat wakes and all. Being a cat, I have essentially 2 bows...
We figured out the geometry of the design and wrapped from the back to the front then from the points, back 2 feet on both the inside and outside of each hull. 3m Edge sealer and 1/2 in non-egress vinyl striping as well at water level. Once it settled for a couple days, I also figured out where the fenders would be hanging as its in the water all season. I put a 3mil Polyester Overlam at those points to protect the wrap and lam from rubs.

rjssigns

I was under the impression that you were not to use an air egress material on boats.
I did a partial some time ago and used cast with lam and no air egress. Used Rapid-Tac for wet install, worked great. Dunno:help

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have done plenty with 3M 180 CV3. No problem with the air egress as long as you seal the edges.