• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bowing/ Smiling In Print l25500

ProWraps

yikes. there goes my ambition to purchase two of these in the next month. just had the print room wired with the 220 lines. ugh.

jasonx

The issue is the heat. The heat is warping your media.

There can't be 100% accurate heat settings for everyone's printer. Ambient heat temperature will affect your settings just like in a perfect world each profile should be calibrated for each individual printer.

HulkSmash

yikes. there goes my ambition to purchase two of these in the next month. just had the print room wired with the 220 lines. ugh.

Don't let that discourage you...
This machine has a learning curve...We print on EVERYTHING. And dont have any issues. I can tell you right now.. most issues are user error. You have to understand the temp. and how to set it. It's simple....

HulkSmash

If you want the Smiling to stop.... Turn down your curing temp. It's bunching as it comes into the print area, and it's cause because of high temps. It has nothing to do with drying temp. I can't tell you exactly what to turn it down to...every material is different, but you need to take an after noon.. take your 10 most used materials and find out which works best for what. The only time ive ever had to tweek temps is for perf, and translucent...as i said.. it's a learning curve.. but once you get it down, it's a sweet printer.

Typestries

Odd, we don't have that problem at all. Just about 12 months on the machine. 100k sq ft printed. Print 4 things primarily on that machine, 3651, 180c and jetflex. We're thrilled with it, and ready to add another one.

If it's heat and you say it's the curing temp. How can I lower my temps all the way till the print is still wet when it comes out of the machine and I still have the bow. Does anyone print on 3M IJ35C. If so what is your dry and cure temp.

If it's heat and you say it's the curing temp. How can I lower my temps all the way till the print is still wet when it comes out of the machine and I still have the bow. Does anyone print on 3M IJ35C. If so what is your dry and cure temp.

We run the 3M IJ35C-20 film at 220 degrees on the curing heater (using a custom profile built in Onyx and Caldera).

ProWraps

hes from CA. i doubt hes talking in celcius. us yanks dont use the good ole kings units of measurements.

signswi

Actually we do it's everyone else that doesn't. The USA is mostly Imperial measures which is ridiculous really.

ProWraps

yeah thats what i meant. we dont use those damn funny metric number things. just cracked my rockstar. i got a good hour before i know whats up and/or down.