• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box Truck "wrap"

CanuckSigns

We just finished 3 of these for a local greenhouse chain. Customer designed the entire thing. We printed on General Formulations Automark material and laminated with the matching laminate.

For this application, the Automark worked great! very easy to apply, went down nicely. The "gloss" laminate is not quite as glossy as most people are used to though. We also used the Wrapcut tape for the first time on this to trim along the top and around the front curve, I was VERY impressed with that product as well!!

Overall both sides took about 4 hours in total for 2 people (we don't do many wraps)

Attachments

• 545124_300224533379345_221221497946316_719862_556066715_n.jpg
    545124_300224533379345_221221497946316_719862_556066715_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 130

signage

Dan the only way I know it is a greenhouse chain is because he said so in the first line of his post!

HulkSmash

Nice Install!!

If you get into doing wraps more i'd stay away from Automark.

their wrap vinyl is calendered...and not cast.
The shrink rate on it.. is extremely fast, and isn't the best for vehicles.

CanuckSigns

Thanks guys!

Dan, yes they are a chain of greenhouses in the area, they are very well known around here as they have very aggressive marketing, if you say "I'm going to Terra" pretty much everyone will know what you are saying.

Colorado, thanks for the advice, I don't plan on getting into wrapping anything more than flat box trucks, it's just not something I think I have the patience for lol. I know automark is a calendered vinyl, but for a completely smooth fiberglass box truck I thought it would fit the bill, no?

fmg

Is Wrapcut on par with Knifeless tape? Just curious if so and how your product compares with price and performance.
Please advise.
Thanks

CanuckSigns

Is Wrapcut on par with Knifeless tape? Just curious if so and how your product compares with price and performance.
Please advise.
Thanks

I've never used knifeless tape, but my understanding is that it's a very similar product, however the wrapcut tape is about 1/4 of the price, plus it's manufactured about 300 km's away from me, so it's nice to support a local business with a great product.