• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bronze plaques or.......

3Dsigns

My customer wants something to commemorate/name a cemetery. He wants something about 4'x3' which will last so, vinyl on ACM is out. I'm thinking dimensional HDU could be easily vnadalized as the cemetery is at a place where it can't be watched or have security cameras. Does anyone know of a good company which makes bronze plaques, wholesale to the trade? Or if you have a better suggestion than bronze that would be great too. Thanks!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
A bronze that large will still need a monument to attach it to.

Contact your local monument shop. It would be the most economical to sandblast it in granite. It'll be there for centuries and will require very little, if any, maintenance depending on how they cut the letters.

This is eleven years old and still looks like it did from day one (it's double sided). I did all my own work, but I believe I only had around $600 in materials back in 2012. Since it won't be here for centuries, I set it on a compacted earth foundation, and laid the blocks with construction adhesive. The granite measures 16" x 48" x 4" thick.

JB
Sign.jpg

Last edited:

JBurton

Signtologist
Yeah, if not granite, it'd be cheaper to go with an 1/8" aluminum panel and some cast aluminum letters. Getting one from gemini, that size, you're talking $5-10k. A little 18" square one we recently did was over a grand.

3Dsigns

A bronze that large will still need a monument to attach it to.

Contact your local monument shop. It would be the most economical to sandblast it in granite. It'll be there for centuries and will require very little, if any, maintenance depending on how they cut the letters.

This is eleven years old and still looks like it did from day one (it's double sided). I did all my own work, but I believe I only had around $600 in materials back in 2012. Since it won't be here for centuries, I set it on a compacted earth foundation, and laid the blocks with construction adhesive. The granite measures 16" x 48" x 4" thick.

JB
View attachment 165689
Looking good!

MikePro

no budget? a proper plaque is out, unless you want to work for free :)

you can always pour your own monument: some hdu foam lettering screwed into the bottom of a melamine box sprayed with mold release, and a very fine mix of crete poured in. Use an impact hammer drill to slap the sides of the box for ~an hour while it settles, let dry, remove block from mold, and chisel/scrape out the HDU foam by hand when dried.

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
My customer wants something to commemorate/name a cemetery. He wants something about 4'x3' which will last so, vinyl on ACM is out. I'm thinking dimensional HDU could be easily vnadalized as the cemetery is at a place where it can't be watched or have security cameras. Does anyone know of a good company which makes bronze plaques, wholesale to the trade? Or if you have a better suggestion than bronze that would be great too. Thanks!
I use Gemini for cast plaques and they include a lifetime guarantee. I usually quote on aluminum and bronze since aluminum is cheaper.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Depending on cost, you could use a granite, stone, or concrete slab face, or even erect a monument style with decorative blocks, and use basic cut flat aluminum letters. It would last and be pretty theft/ vandalism proof.