• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brushed aluminum edge banding?

ExtremeG Alamosa

Yo, Looking to make a sign like this. Brushed aluminum face 1/2" deep with brushed aluminum edge banding (1/2"). Probably just Plywood base with contact cement. I have a sheet of brushed aluminum ACM but this doesn't look like ACM. Any ideas? I could bevel the edges of the ACM and glue....
IMG_0359.JPG

JBurton

Signtologist
have you looked at laminated engraving sheets option?
That's not a bad idea, but my experience with the stuff is the worst. It was a rowmark product, and the brushed finish would delaminate from the sheet on cut edges when removing the protective film. They may have fixed the formulation by now, but it was so bad they sent us a second batch of material for free to try and get some workable signs out the door.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Wrisco makes .030" to .090" (I think) brushed sheets. My guess is this is .030" or .063" (hard to tell the scale) glued/laminated to a piece of PVC. Most of your aluminum/metal suppliers will have the aluminum, as will quite a few sign supply outlets.

Broome Signs

That's not a bad idea, but my experience with the stuff is the worst. It was a rowmark product, and the brushed finish would delaminate from the sheet on cut edges when removing the protective film. They may have fixed the formulation by now, but it was so bad they sent us a second batch of material for free to try and get some workable signs out the door.
HI

we have had no trouble with the sheets, but we do use a laser to cut it
Abet has a version for rotary and saw cutting may be worth a look, is silver one side gold on the revers side black in the centre , holds up excellent inside or out