• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card face lift

DiamondGraphix

Hey guys just wanted to see what your thoughts were on my new card design for 2016, We do alot of color change wraps BUT we also do all types of signs as well. Do you think this is too focused on that particular audience?

attachment.php

Thanks

Attachments

• signs101-example-business-card.png
    signs101-example-business-card.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 287

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why are two out of the three things you offer plural and the other one is singular ?? Shouldn't you follow suit across the board ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Idk it just doesn't sound right to me as plural

Okay, whatever floats your boat, but it's kinda like this......... Signs indicate a product and with it being plural, you do many of them, as well as with the wraps, but the word print is either singular, meaning you will make one print or it's a verb and you print many things from vinyl to banners to whatever..............

It's really simple grammar, but if you think it sounds better in your head that way, by all means do that which you feel comfortable in doing.... :peace!:

Marlene

the company name has a lot going on in it and is a focal point. I wouldn't use that script for the products, I'd keep that with a simple clean sans serif as it is way too much with the company name and looks over done and it takes away from the focal point.

DiamondGraphix

the company name has a lot going on in it and is a focal point. I wouldn't use that script for the products, I'd keep that with a simple clean sans serif as it is way too much with the company name and looks over done and it takes away from the focal point.

The company name is the focal point because we have branded ourselves in our area and pretty much if your car's not wrapped by diamond graphix then its not official. The brand is our identity and focal point, people are proud to have our badge on their vehicles. So the logo and name isnt going to change as for the font, i definitely agree in some ways, but also that is the play it safe standard way and we are definitely not known to be standard or average.

TimToad

My initial reaction is feeling contradicted by the old fashioned, hand ( poorly at that ) rendered bullet point scripts and the ultra modern font used for your name and icon.

My second reaction was nothing in the layout really stands out because of the lack of prioritization. I'd love to see the fill on your name and/or diamond icon in white to see if that helps order things better.

The peeling back rolls of material really doesn't add anything for me. I get the reference but I'm not sure its placement and cutting off your name is the right place for it. I could see doing it on the front in the bottom left corner moving upward and then right justify your name and services. On the back, its way over done and doesn't help organize all that information. It left you with a clumsy space to fill with your services. I'd also question why you need to duplicate any information from the front to the back of a single, easy to flip over business card.

When I think of "diamonds", I think of a precision cut, sharper than anything else, cutting edge thing. I think that script and rolling edge of material doesn't reflect impression I and most people would get from your name.

DiamondGraphix

Thanks for all the input guys, ill respond accodingly this evening, play time is over for me and have to get some wraps knocked out.

Marlene

The company name is the focal point because we have branded ourselves in our area and pretty much if your car's not wrapped by diamond graphix then its not official. The brand is our identity and focal point, people are proud to have our badge on their vehicles. So the logo and name isnt going to change as for the font, i definitely agree in some ways, but also that is the play it safe standard way and we are definitely not known to be standard or average.

pretty much what I said. your logo is the focal point so don't weaken that with the sub text/services in the same script font used in the logo. a sans serif would help keep the focus on the company name

DiamondGraphix

pretty much what I said. your logo is the focal point so don't weaken that with the sub text/services in the same script font used in the logo. a sans serif would help keep the focus on the company name

Ahh gotcha yeah ill revise it with some changes tonight, thanks

Nice designs. I'd just like to add that I'm not a fan of variants of "graphix" (or "grafiks" as one of my friends uses it) or gmail addresses for businesses.

Jillbeans

I agree with much that has already been said (plural and singular together, the "x", sort of a badly rendered cheap looking script, gmail address, dated looking done a million times "roll" effect) I have a feeling that you will probably ignore the good suggestions you've gotten.

At the very least, make your name in white (DIAMOND) rather than black on the front of the card for more contrast. I'd suggest a DIY website that has its own email address. Domain names are very inexpensive.

The roll effect makes me think of a failed wrap, and you could probably eliminate "Print".
Love....Jill

DigitalWoodGFX

Is there any particular reason for all the drop shadow / outer glow effects? I think with the stroke on the text everything should be legible. Would look 100% better without all the shadows IMO.

visual800

the OP was asking about the new card design, he didnt ask for any opinions on his punctuation or spelling of the info on the cards:banghead:

DiamondGraphix

I agree with much that has already been said (plural and singular together, the "x", sort of a badly rendered cheap looking script, gmail address, dated looking done a million times "roll" effect) I have a feeling that you will probably ignore the good suggestions you've gotten.

At the very least, make your name in white (DIAMOND) rather than black on the front of the card for more contrast. I'd suggest a DIY website that has its own email address. Domain names are very inexpensive.

The roll effect makes me think of a failed wrap, and you could probably eliminate "Print".
Love....Jill

You must really hate life lol

Love...Rodney