• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I do Diecuts w/ My Gerber

D-Kal

Hello, Everyone

I have another question am fairly new to Omega and am learning quickly, figured out how to import files print them and send them to cut. Still more to learn, and I was wondering.

Is there any way to just do die cuts, meaning no printing just running it directly to the plotter?

Marlene

not sure what you are asking. if you have Omega and a plotter, you can send vector graphics or letters to be cut on a plotter without any printing involved

D-Kal

You're using Gsplot? Just output all or selected from Composer (make sure there are no green (print/cut) or red (print only) objects) then in plot once you've assigned your repeats and spacing (if applicable) click "cut".

Yes am running Omega 5.0 I see the red lines, how do I get the artwork to only cut.

Sorry am new at this, am importing a vector file I see the red in which I take is the artwork, If I select the cut layer it is black correct me if am wrong.

How do I make it a only cut file keep in mind it is a vector AI file I have imported into Gerber Omega, I take it's called Composer?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Great that was my questions, probably didn't word it right.

So instead of export to print I can go directly to output to cut?

• In Composer Output All Shift F11 or Output Selected Shift F12 sends job to GSPPlot.
  • In GSPPlot, F8 sends cuts to plotter.

Vector Colors with Preview Off:

• Black = Cut Only
  • Red = Print Only
  • Green = Print and Cut

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Suggested Toolbar Setup for Omega

Here's a screen shot of my Composer workspace. I suggest you click on the View Menu and then click on Toolbars. From there you can bring any of the available toolbars into the workspace after which you can drag and drop them to available space on the top and sides. This provides a number of benefits including:

• Quick access to any tool
  • Tool tips and keyboard shortcuts when you hover over any tool.

attachment.php

Attachments

• omega toolbars.jpg
    omega toolbars.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 118