• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can no longer activate photoshop CS?

signmeup

I made some changes to my computer and Photoshop wants to be re-activated. Problem is Adobe no longer has a way to activate it. Can anyone help me? I can no longer use the Photoshop software that I paid for in good faith.

Adrian

signmeup

Wow. I love this place! Thanks Guys. I'll see how it goes.

Adobe never ceases to amaze me.

Will I be able to save this download somehow to install it on a new computer someday? (once Adobe tires of supplying it on their site?)

Adrian

phototec

Well, I can't help you because I don't have a clue what you did to your computer, if you have a legitimate copy of PS with the Key code printed on the DVD or sleeve, that should still work if you re-install the software, it worked for me when I installed it on a different computer (only one computer at a time).

However, it may be time to update to the new PS CC and Adobe has an awesome offer for only $9.99 a month for both the latest version of Photoshop CC and Lightroom, that's only 33 cents a day and they update PS CC constantly with new additions etc. It have many new features over the old CS version like the Came Shake reduction filter and the ability to use the Camera Raw filter as a regular filter even for jpegs, really a bargin and defiantly worth the 33 cents a day.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/photography?store_code=us

J Hill Designs

Wow. I love this place! Thanks Guys. I'll see how it goes.

Adobe never ceases to amaze me.

Will I be able to save this download somehow to install it on a new computer someday? (once Adobe tires of supplying it on their site?)

Adrian

yeah, just save the downloaded install file like-a normal

signmeup

Well, I can't help you because I don't have a clue what you did to your computer, if you have a legitimate copy of PS with the Key code printed on the DVD or sleeve, that should still work if you re-install the software, it worked for me when I installed it on a different computer (only one computer at a time).

However, it may be time to update to the new PS CC and Adobe has an awesome offer for only $9.99 a month for both the latest version of Photoshop CC and Lightroom, that's only 33 cents a day and they update PS CC constantly with new additions etc. It have many new features over the old CS version like the Came Shake reduction filter and the ability to use the Camera Raw filter as a regular filter even for jpegs, really a bargin and defiantly worth the 33 cents a day.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/photography?store_code=us

I ran a virus scan.

I paid Adobe for the software fair and square. I'm not a fan of this subscription software idea. I would have paid $960 so far for CS if it had been subscription. Some deal.

Adrian

Suz

Adrian,
I just went through all of that recently myself.
Hope you get it to work right. Nightmare it has been for me.
Anyhow, hope you can make it work.

I ran a virus scan.

I paid Adobe for the software fair and square. I'm not a fan of this subscription software idea. I would have paid $960 so far for CS if it had been subscription. Some deal.

Adrian

signmeup

I have downloaded and installed the replacement software from Adobe. It appears to be the same and working fine except that I no longer have the image browser.

I genuinely dislike this company and it's policies. If I buy a tool I expect it to last as long as I require it. If I take care of my belongings, I should be free of the annoyance of having them disabled or repossessed by the OEM manufacturer. Requiring me to jump through the number of hoops I just did, just to use software I purchased in good faith seems criminal to me. The loss of functionality (of the image browser) is particularly grating.

I take particular umbrage to the lack of notification that this cancellation of my software was going to take place. I know Adobe has my contact information as I registered the product and reported back every time I did anything to change the configuration of my computer. I will do whatever I can to avoid this company in the future.

Thank you to all who assisted me.
Thank you Adobe... for nothing.

Adrian

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
In Adobes defense, when their activation servers for CS/CS2 stopped, if I remember right that was not exactly a planned thing. The activation servers for that version crashed on them and they decided at that time to leave them dead so they could not exactly give anyone any warning about it. That being said - it was all over the news and every tech site a week later when Adobe announced they would make an activation free version of CS2 available. It got so much attention because realistically anyone could create an Adobe ID, login to Adobes site and download the activation free CS2 (the entire Suite!), making the full CS2 suite essentially free for the entire world (and it still is).

Not sure why your image browser function is not working signmeup. It sound like you are you talking about the Bridge product? You might need to make sure to install that - it is a separate piece of the Adobe Suite. I thought that gets installed by default though and comes as part of Photoshop and/or Illustrator but maybe you have to get one of the full suite editions for it to be there. Regardless - even if you only had Photoshop before you can technically get the full CS2 suite with Illustrator and all now. Also with the new downloaded CS2 versions, you will never have to deal with activation with them, ever. They are permanently pre-activated and you just have to have the serial number handy during installation or re-installation.