• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you design in Print Factory

Gary Wiant

I'm looking at Print Factory but I'm wondering if Print Factory has design tools & if so how do they compare to Signlab or Flexi?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Print Factory, Onyx, Caldera are RIP software, not design software. You would pare them up with adobe illustrator or something.

Tim Miller

They have their "Layout Editor," which they tried to sell us on the point that we could do much of our prepress work in there and not have so many Illustrator licenses.
In my opinion, Layout Editor is so much clunkier and has fewer tools than Illustrator; you're better off using Inkscape if you're trying to get by on the cheap.
PrintFactory is a RIP, as Pauly said, and seems to be good at that. I wouldn't expect it to be very helpful for anything but the most basic designs.

Gary Wiant

Pauly & Tim, thank you for your insight, I run Signlab & Flexi so I'll be using one of these. I'd love to learn Adobe but right now, we are just too busy to take the time to learn it.

I'm expecting a video call to show me Print Factory before I decide, I currently have 4 Rips. FLEXI, SIGNLAB & RASTERLINK 7. I like the colors I get from Rasterlink but it is pretty slow & a bit clunky compared to Signlab