• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you fix me up........... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wade Guo calls me yesterday afternoon with questions about fixing his two signs. He said the faces fell out of one and he needs new faces, since the old one broke when they hit the ground and he wants to spiff up the bottom sign at the same time.

I get there and can't imagine what's keeping these cans up on the pole. They are literally rusted completely away, parts have fallen all over the place and bare wires are showing everywhere.

He goes on to ask.... how can you fix them ??
I can't. No one can. I can't believe you haven't been cited for dangerous conditions and demanded you either remove or replace this mess within 15 days or something.
Wade says, it was like this when I bought the place over two years ago.
Well Wade, I can remove what's there and put two new signs up or put up non-illuminated signs which would be less expensive.
How much for new signs ??
Roughly, you're around $5,000 to $7,000 per sign, plus the cost of removing and disposing of the old one, plus permits and decorating costs.

His eyes suddenly became round with disbelief and he asked.... why soooo expensive ??

Compared to what ??

Can't you just fix 'em ??

I looked at him, shook my head and told him I'd send him a written quote by Friday.

I was there around 6:30 yesterday evening. The place was 100% empty except for his helper and counter girl. I didn't even smell the faint odor of anything really cooking. The place was so dirty.... inside and out, I can't imagine anyone ever getting food there. Seems more like a front for something and they just don't want to bring attention to the place with such broken signs dangling around out front.

Actually, I doubt I'll ever hear from them again, but it was fun.

Notice the clever play on colors ??

Attachments

• facing  Reading.jpg
    facing Reading.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 99
  • facing Glenside.jpg
    facing Glenside.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 93
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 86

401Graphics

i've seen worse and refused to touch it. It was a pizza place so of course spending money to replace a crap sign was out of the question.

Marlene

with the "decos" used top and bottom it has the look of a 1960's sign for sure. don't you just love the "why can't you fix this?" from people? if it was a car, they wouldn't even ask but for some reason, they think a sign is made to last forever.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is that plywood on the faces still hanging in there?
I bet those look nice backlit at night.
Looks like a job for that "cheap" guy here on the forum.
"A little white in a rattle can, a few rivets and some duct tape and they would be better than new."

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that plywood on the faces still hanging in there?
I bet those look nice backlit at night.
Looks like a job for that "cheap" guy here on the forum.
"A little white in a rattle can, a few rivets and some duct tape and they would be better than new."

wayne k

guam usa

Yep, good eye.

It has two pieces of regular plywood bent in behind the retainer lips originally set up for 1/4 substrate, but now retro-fitted [:Big Laugh] for 1/2" plywood.

Brian.... I'm thinking along those lines. Maybe a little lower, but not by much..... :thumb: