• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado M Series - Ink still cracking??

CMYKprnt

I am looking at buying a Colorado M series printer with white ink. I went to a demo and was impressed but after talking with other companies (4) they are getting rid of theirs. All of them said the ink was cracking when stretching the vinyl and all of them were vehicle wrap related. We do a lot of wall graphics so there is stretching but it is minimal. I wanted to see if anyone out there that has the new Colorado has experienced similar issues?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I highly doubt it.
The inks are the same as the 1650... And ours are bombproof.

But don't expect elasticity like solvent inks. It is still UV.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Once again I feel like we got a lemon. Our new M has been down for 40 days since we got it two months ago.

They have been cycling through error codes, replacing just about every part it seems. Still all under warranty but it’s been unusable.
Wow you have had the worst luck with the Colorados.

Our Colorados have been solid including our M5W Pro. We wrap everyday with it with no cracking or issues. The key is don't treat it like other ink technologies because it isn't the same.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Once again I feel like we got a lemon. Our new M has been down for 40 days since we got it two months ago.

They have been cycling through error codes, replacing just about every part it seems. Still all under warranty but it’s been unusable.
That's some rotten luck.

We haven't looked at upgrading to the M as we dont need the R2R white. but our 1650 runs every day with 0 issues.

signheremd

Wow you have had the worst luck with the Colorados.

Our Colorados have been solid including our M5W Pro. We wrap everyday with it with no cracking or issues. The key is don't treat it like other ink technologies because it isn't the same.
Not sure what you mean by "don't treat it like other ink technologies". can you give specifics on that?

Evan Gillette

He means that it is still a UV inkset that essentially attaches/adheres to the top of the vinyl. Compared to a solvent-type ink that essentially melts itself into the vinyl. Obviously, this is a huge simplification on my part. But for understanding the basic concept think about comaping a tie die shirt with one that has been painted with acrylic paint. There are also some inherent qualities in high-end cast films that tend to make them harder to bond ink to, but most of that has been overcome with the popularity of uv printing.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Have had no issues like this w our 1650 on IJ180 and have output likely 100 full van wraps since acquiring it. Can't speak to the M but don't see why the CMYK would be any different?