• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carriage or Main board issues on SP300i?

Alpha Star

I'f got what looks like bad data on one head. If I swap the cables, the problem moves to the other head, so it's not BECAUSE of the head. Also replaced the heads completely. Main board has since (twice) been sent in to Mac Media for repairs. They say they replaced the D/A converters, and at least one set of transistor and resistor. Still when I connect it, it blows out those components and the fuse. Data cables from heads to carriage board were replaced as well.

Could it be the carriage board? Has anyone here seen what happens when a carriage board fails?

inkmed

What is your problem?

As normal, bad carriage can cause the color banding, some times bad carriage can cause the printer did not start.

It is better if you can describe your problem.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Alpha Star

Thanks... basically, if we do a test print, then it prints a solid yellow band all the way back to the home position after the test.