• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Casmate Font Issue

Jamshed

Hello All,

i am a Computer Technician and one of my customer he is still using the CASmate Software. however i install in his system CASmate sodtware in Windows 7. but i am getting one issue with Fonts.
I need the Arabic Fonts which is already available in CASmate. But when i am typing any word in Arabic its not connecting the letters. it is something like Microsoft Office for Mac issue.
is there any solution for this issue?
i am much aware of how to setup arabic in OS. so this is not the OS problem. one more thing in Windows 98 it isworking fine Arabic typing.
Thanks in Advance

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Good lord- someone is still able to use CasMate?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's "not connecting" the letters. Do you mean the kerning is off or that the characters aren't joined?
If it's the former, you can adjust the kerning (but for the life of me, I can't remember how- as it's been at least 15 years since I used CasMate). If you're referring to the latter, I'm not aware of any design software that automatically joins them. S.O.P. is to type out what you need with your spacing, then weld/join the letters. In CasMate, this entails converting to curves then welding the result, if I recall correctly. Keep a copy of the original text, too- because you can't edit it once it's converted.

And the customer should really look into upgrading. CasMate was buggy when it was new. If they're designing with it, there are much better options, even if they don't want to pay for FlexiSign (CasMate's "grandchild").

Jamshed

i was also shocked when he demand for CASmate
well i download one picture for better understand my problem
in 1st pic u will see it that the right Side is arabic written which is correct and in then 2nd pic down right side u will see the letters are not connecting
any suggestion?

Attachments

• Arabic.png
    Arabic.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 280

GaSouthpaw

That appears, to me, to be a kerning issue. This is adjustable in pretty much any layout program- I just don't remember where it was in CasMate's text layout tool.

Jamshed

but in Adobe Programs or in Office it is by default connecting this language even my Native language Urdu is almost same like this. so it have to connect auto.

Jamshed

one more thing. in Adobe they have Special edition for Middle East. but now in CS6 and CC there is one option Just need to enable that Middle east version and the Arabic written problem solved. if i do not select that option in adobe it will give me same issue which i am facing in CASmate.

GaSouthpaw

CasMate and Adobe are very different, but the function is much like Adobe's. It has to be applied to each font, and often edited because CasMate's kerning was always weird. But if that's the the program he uses all the time, he should know how to get it to kern the way he wants it.
Unfortunately, that's the best answer I can give you. Maybe someone who has used CasMate more recently than I have can point you to the specific location of the kerning options for the program.

WildWestDesigns

however i install in his system CASmate sodtware in Windows 7. but i am getting one issue with Fonts.

i am much aware of how to setup arabic in OS. so this is not the OS problem. one more thing in Windows 98 it is working fine Arabic typing.

I don't know if I'm reading this wrong, but are they trying to run a 9x program on Win 7? Which could have some support if they use a 32 bit version of Win 7 or if the 16 bit installation stub was swapped with a 32 bit one (providing that the program itself was 32 bit and just used a 16 installation stub).

If they are, it could be, at least in part, related to that. If your customer is fluent with the software, they should be able to handle the kerning themselves (which it does on it's face sound like a kerning issue).

If it works in Win 98, just grab VirtualPC 2007 and run a VM of Win 98 (providing they have the install disc). Virtual PC 2007 is the last to still have the drivers for Win 98, even though support was deprecated in that release. The version of VirtualPC that does XPM for Win 7 Pro (and higher users) does not in any way support Win 98.

I run a VM of Win 98 within a VM of Vista when I need to use Win 98 programs (which is more often then one would think).

Jamshed

I don't know if I'm reading this wrong, but are they trying to run a 9x program on Win 7? Which could have some support if they use a 32 bit version of Win 7 or if the 16 bit installation stub was swapped with a 32 bit one (providing that the program itself was 32 bit and just used a 16 installation stub).
Yes Brother i already install the CASmate on Windows 7 32Bit.
the only problem what i am facing is Language.

Jamshed

If it works in Win 98, just grab VirtualPC 2007 and run a VM of Win 98 (providing they have the install disc). Virtual PC 2007 is the last to still have the drivers for Win 98, even though support was deprecated in that release. The version of VirtualPC that does XPM for Win 7 Pro (and higher users) does not in any way support Win 98.
Okz let me try with VMpc 2007

Jamshed

CasMate and Adobe are very different, but the function is much like Adobe's. It has to be applied to each font, and often edited because CasMate's kerning was always weird. But if that's the the program he uses all the time, he should know how to get it to kern the way he wants it.
Unfortunately, that's the best answer I can give you. Maybe someone who has used CasMate more recently than I have can point you to the specific location of the kerning options for the program.
i found the Kerning option. as i am not familiar with this SOftware and dont know how to use it
but i found one more thing which is weird
when i am adding the kerning option and typing Arabic its work fine, but dont know how to use the kerning. and when i am typing in normal text in a file. its not working see the images.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 354

signgirl

That appears, to me, to be a kerning issue. This is adjustable in pretty much any layout program- I just don't remember where it was in CasMate's text layout tool.

ha, I still have this program on one of my computers and I do use it occasionally for some of the fonts that's not in my flexi program. I'd have to open it up to see where the kerning box is